Finished Quilt

Posted on May 28th, by Amy in finished quilt, My kids. 8 comments

So yesterday I sat off and on when possible to finish the binding by hand on Emmalie’s quilt. By late afternoon I had finished – my hands were numb at that point so it was a good thing! It went straight to the wash, for the puckery finishing touch. I took it up to Em as she was trying to go to sleep – she looked at me with huge smiles, “I love my quilt – thank you mommy.” She melts my heart everytime =) We had a photo shoot with the quilt this morning -
A few of my favorite details . . .
One happy little girl!

8 thoughts on “Finished Quilt

Tipper says:

Oh it turned out so beautiful! I love the colors and the puckering texture is so neat. Really makes it look old timey. You’er so talented!

Jaimie says:

Wow Amy! You are so gifted. What an awesome gift to give your daughter. One of these days I’ll learn how to sew, although quilting is for the experts!! :)

Dana says:

Ok. Seriously beautiful!

can i have it??

from little acorns says:

Hi Amy!
    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!
    I love your quilt (!), & I too just love putting a quilt into the washer & dryer as soon as I finish the binding. . . . I love to make it look like it’s been here awhile (& well loved) too). . . Although I think your daughter will do a good job on the “well loved” part!
    xo, Bren

amandajean says:

what a gorgeous quilt!!! isn’t that the best when the little ones appreciate what you make? my kids are so sweet that way, too.

Jessica says:

This quilt is lovely!!!!

Camille says:

It turned out beautiful! I’m with you on the washing and drying too- nothing better than a deliciously wrinkly brand new quilt. Great job!

No Crying Mama says:

that is absolutely gorgeous!! what a blssed girl.