Quilt Top In a Day

Posted on June 6th, by Amy in My kids, work in progress. 11 comments

I know, I surprise myself too! Sewing with 4 little ones running around can be challenging. I just have to plan ahead for naptime and I sew at the kitchen table. This is a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I can be in the midst of my kids while working on little bits. A curse because I have to pack everything up constantly. Oh well, it’s what God has on my plate for now – so I make the best of it!This quilt will be for my shop – finally! Joe still needs a quilt, I am reminded often, that he is the only one in our house without a personal quilt. But he is a lot more particular on fabric choice, so it’s a bit tricky. Any suggestions? He has mentioned GI Joe. . . I found some old sheets on ebay – but I don’t think that will do!So this is a very simple block that I drafted after I purchased a Flutterby charm pack and a few fat quarters on ebay. The top is 45″ square, I think it would be great for tummy time or as a stroller blanket. I love all the saturated colors – I think that is what sold me on the fabrics =)
I couldn’t help but snap this not very good picture up. Remember how I said Sophia is a good mommy to her babies? Well for naptime today she fell asleep at the foot of her bed so that she could overlook her babies in their pack-n-play, also napping. Too cute!

11 thoughts on “Quilt Top In a Day

Rebekah C says:

cute quilt! love the fabrics you picked for this! I think I have a pattern similar to this that I need to sew up soon : )

melissa s. says:

oh how sweet, the quilt and the sleeping babe. thanks for the nice comments on my blog and have a happy weekend!

Amy says:

pure sweetness…abbey has her little pack n play too…I think she has that same baby as well but with dark brown hair…hugs!

Paula Prass says:

What fun to find so many great fabricnistas. And I have several pictures of my daughter sleeping in the funniest places/positions.

Thanks for the comment on my post. I’m very excited about my first fabric line.

Katie says:

Hi Amy!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment about my piece, that was so nice of you!

I LOVE the quilt! I’m so inspired!! I love to sew and earlier in the year started some projects. I have the same complaint as you – sewing during naptime means packing and unpacking your projects every time until they’re finished. But what’s a Mom to do? :-)

I started some dresses for my girls and only have 1 finished :-O I don’t have the discipline that you mentioned in your post below about finishing things once they’re started. I’m a little notorious for that unfortunately. However, this I did finish and give as a gift and was quite pleased with myself and the results :-D

Nice to “meet” you! I look forward to reading your blog more!

tula pink says:

a-dorable! i love it. it looks like it may need to be snuggled around Sophia while she naps with her babies.

Mama's Losin' It says:

Awwww…that is so sweet!!! What a good little mama. I just love to see the nurturing side of kids come out…they don’t all have one you know. :)

ps my URL changed!!

Adventures In Babywearing says:

Oh, I love the colors!!

Steph

Tipper says:

Sophia is so cute! Love the fabric too.

Jacquie says:

That is the cutest pic of Sophia. Love the quilt too.

No Crying Mama says:

my ella always gets her babies set up before she falls asleep. either in bed next to her or in a pack-n-play. she even covers the pack-n-play with a blanket like they do at her daycare to keep the kids from talking to each other! such a sweet picture you snapped.