A Trophy

Posted on July 23rd, by Amy in finished quilt. 8 comments

. . . at least to me it is!

I took it outside to show the true colors.

On the back I added triangles to act as a sleeve – so I can hang it.

Look at how puckery and yummy it is.
This quilt has been in progress for a while now – each step has posed a new challenge, new skill to master. Well kinda, I’m not a perfectionist – that takes more than I am able to give :) But I have so enjoyed the process, being self-taught I am typically eager to find something new to figure out. So, here’s my trophy of learning new skills, and undying effort. At times it felt like it would never end! If you care to look – I blogged about this project here, here, here and here!

My plan is to keep this little treasure, hopefully hang it around here somewhere. I don’t know if I could bear to part with it :) To celebrate it’s completion, I cut into a stack of Olive Rose fat quarters I got from Valori Wells herself!

8 thoughts on “A Trophy

Jacquie says:

Congratulations Amy, you should be proud. Definitely a quilt to treasure. Cutting right into the next one…a girl after my own heart! Can’t wait to see what you make with that great fabric.

Kari says:

The quilt is fabulous!!! It looks like you knew exactly what you were doing at every step.

Amy says:

That IS yummy!

melissa s. says:

it is so, so beautiful. most definitely keep it for yourself!

beki says:

That is absolutely stunning – good job!

Katie says:

It looks so great! Congratulations!

sara says:

I absolutely love love love it! Great idea for the corner pockets to hang the quilt!!

Tipper says:

I know I have gushed about the quilt all along-but it is just one of the prettiest quilts I have ever seen. I just love it. And Congrats to you on everything you learned and accomplished.