Nine Years

Posted on August 13th, by Amy in Celebrations. 13 comments

Today is our wedding anniversary! Nine years ago today, Joe and I were married :) We were both relieved that we were actually married, the weeks leading up to it were hectic and fun. I thought that in honor of our day I would share 9 things about US. . .
1 – We met while on a three week missions trip with our school. I had just finished my Junior year and Joe his Freshman.

2 – We didn’t really get along, or even like each other at first, but married just a year later!

3 – We are both the oldest child in our families, which played out in #2, and we have our moments day to day where it is obvious. :)

4- We wrote letters for three months and got to know one another, prior to dating. (He went home to Utah while I was in So. California for the summer).

5 – We decided before we got married that we wanted to be parents within 2 years. . .

6 – Ella, our oldest is our honeymoon baby. Not on purpose – but we were so blessed when she arrived, and everyday since. :)

7 – We love to laugh together, and at each other!

8 – Our favorite movie together is Return to Me.

9 – We look forward to being old together, sure that we will still be laughing!

Jenna is quilting today and will be sticking around to babysit while we get to have a movie/dinner date. Hope you all have a great day -

13 thoughts on “Nine Years

Jaimie says:

Congratulations Amy and Joe!!! What a beautiful picture. I remember you being pregnant and having Ella – in fact the last time I saw her in person was probably when she was a baby! M and I are also first-borns, and it has made for some “lively discussions” that’s for sure! :)

melissa s. says:

happy anniversary!

tipper says:

Happy Aniversary!! And you did such a neat post to celebrate it!

Jennifer says:

Happy Anniversary!
    Keep on laughing together~

Marrdy says:

Congratulations. You guys look so cute! I am happy that you can laugh together…I think that is very important!

No Crying Mama says:

Congratulations! I remember the days when your love was blossoming!! And your insane wedding binder! Man, Joe looks SO young in that wedding picture. Then again, you did rob the cradle a bit :) Bean and I are both the oldest too! Hope you have a special night together.

Amy says:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! I was there! LOL…hugs to both of you

sarahmurray says:

Happy anniversary you two! Your wedding picture is so beautiful. Blessings to your family! x

Anna says:

Congratulations Amy!!! I remember that wedding picture, and I remember visiting you in Vanguard Center when you had Ella. You guys make such a beautiful couple!

Marrdy says:

One more little item. (by the way is it cold this morning?) Come on over to my blog and pick up your very own blog award!

Ang says:

Congratulations, Amy! I loved the post. It’s so neat to see you all doing so well. I hope you had a nice out on the town!

Jacquie says:

happy anniversary! (a bit late..sorry) hope it was wonderful…wishing you many more happy years! (congrats on the blog award too…well deserved!)

Lisa says:

Congrats. What a beautiful photo and I love your bouquet too. So elegant.

Have a great weekend!