Easy Peasy!

Posted on September 1st, by Amy in My kids, work in progress. 8 comments

I ironed and trimmed up my blocks yesterday and when I had a few moments ALONE this afternoon I laid it out! I should have a chance to get it put together soon :) We do have a special visitor coming this week, but I don’t foresee my machine being put away this time!My girls collected a few leaves that blew off the trees. Can you believe that the colors are starting to change? Well, maybe not where you are – but we’ve had enough cold nights to cause the start. (This picture is for you, Miss Amy) It’s been stormy today, nothing like Gustav, but plenty to free a few leaves. I even saw a fresh dusting of snow on a couple of mountain peaks this morning! I will try to take pics when they are free of clouds again :)

Not too much going on here, a quiet Labor Day. I’ve really enjoyed it!

8 thoughts on “Easy Peasy!

Jaimie says:

I’m so jealous that your leaves are turning beautiful colors!! It is still so hot here (in the 80’s) but even when it’s cold there are only a few trees that change colors. Have fun with your parents!! I hope you have a nice time and get a little break too :)

melissa s. says:

ooh i love the quilt! the colors are wonderful together. it’s going to brighten some little one’s day for sure!

Amy says:

Thank you!!!! Have fun with your parents!

sara says:

It is still blazing hot there, hard to imagine that Fall is on the way!! Gorgeous leaves!

Artfulife says:

It has been nice and cool here in Reno also. A little teaser of the beautiful upcoming fall weather. Love the quilt. I can’t wait to get my sewing machine fixed. Fall weather always makes me feel like sewing. I really enjoy your blog, could I add you to my links? Hope you have a great day. Happy sewing.

Marrdy says:

You are so amazing. Taking a pile of pieces and making a quilt. And I am so glad you posted the picture of the leaves. I can hardly wait for them to reach this side of the mountain!

Jacquie says:

oooh monkeys…this fabric is so fab. love how you put it together!

tipper says:

The quilt is looking great! I can’t beleive the leaves-but I guess its almost fall.