Instructions without pictures:
With a little time and some beautiful fabric you can create a new quilted wallet today! The
project is able to be completed in about an hour’s time – enjoy!
1. Cut your fabrics! You will need:
4 ½ x 8” for exterior
4 ½ x 8” batting
4 ½ x 17 ½ ” for interior
4 ½ x 7 ½ ” interfacing
2. Working with the long interior piece, make a fold, and iron, wrong sides together 1¾ ” from
3. Topstitch 1/8 th of an inch making top edge of first pocket.
4. Right sides together create pocket 1 ¼ ” deep, and iron.
5. Create second pocket by folding again, wrong sides together 1 ¾ ” to the top, and ½ ”
above first pocket. Iron and topstitch.
6. Finish second pocket by folding a 1 ¼ “ pocket and iron.
7. Apply interfacing to completed interior.
8. Quilt exterior piece to batting. This is a good size to practice free-motion with – not too
9. Place interior and exterior of the wallet, right sides together, and pin in place.
10. Sew together, leaving a space between the tops of the pockets open. Be sure to rein-
force your opening.
11. Trim excess and corners.
12. Turn right side out – start with a corner opposite the opening – it will turn.
13. Use a knitting needle or other method to coerce your corners out all the way.
14. Press flat.
15. Topstitch around the entire wallet, closing the opening, and across the center, for a nice
16. Nice wallet! I would love to see your completed wallet.
We are off to gymnastics and then the evening hours of busyness . . . bedtime, will you ever come? Have a great evening ~ Amy
ETA: Welcome to those coming over from CraftGossip! If I could do this over again I would have done it different – amazing how much I’ve learned in a few short months! I have a recent tutorial here for making mitered corners – feel free to check out what I’ve been up to lately :)