Colors of Fall

Posted on October 6th, by Amy in random. 18 comments

It has been so beautiful here! I had to share pictures of the changing leaves – here’s a big dose of fall for those of you living without “seasons” :) This is by far my favorite time of the year, when I can hear the leaves crushing under my feet. I will go out of my way to crunch a few more! What is your favorite fall activity?

Our weekend was very, very wet. But I love the aftermath! Beautiful snow capped mountains. The valley we live in is surrounded by amazing peaks, this is the most photographed for it’s jagged edges. The best part is – I can see it from my kitchen! All winter long I watch the storms come in and out of the valley based on these mountains. Mt. Timpanogos
Hope you have a great Monday!
Blessings ~ Amy

18 thoughts on “Colors of Fall

Jaimie says:

Wow, that is beautiful. I”m so jealous!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures. There are only a few trees here and there that turn colors around here. It is still in the upper 80’s here this week so it doesn’t feel like fall yet – people are still swimming in their pools. I’m longing for rain and wind!! What a gorgeous view from your kitchen, too.

audreypawdrey says:

These pictures are beautiful! Our trees aren’t turning quite yet, but should be soon. I love the view from your window. Absolutely gorgeous!

Amy says:

gorgeous photos! i haven’t managed even one photo of the beautiful change occurring right outside my door. by the time i get around to it, it’ll be stick season!

Amy says:

beautiful!!!!

Penny says:

Thank-you so much for posting these photos Amy! Fall and spring are my fav’s so I’m super excited too! That’s quite a view you got!

Marrdy says:

We should have driven your way on Saturday. I almost took a picture of Mt Timpanogos. It’s beautiful from the west too!

Great Fall Pictures.

jacquie says:

beautiful amy! i’m so glad you shared these. i hope we have some color in the trees this year.

Bobbi says:

Gorgeous autumn photos. I was up your way today. The state high school golf tourney was at Soldier Hollow! I caught an amazing pic of Timp as well. It was so beautiful with the new snow on top and the changing leaves down below! I’ll go post it on my blog right now and we can compare….I can tell you right now your shot is prettier, more close up! Yea for fall in the Rockies.

tipper says:

Beautiful leaves! Your colors are way ahead of ours. And the view out your kitchen window is spectacular. And I think I live in the mountains-mine are mole hills compared to yours!

Becoming Me says:

Beautiful pictures

Pink Lemonade Bags says:

The pictures are just the breath of fall air I was needing in my day today! It is still so warm here in North Texas. We are, however, supposed to get a cold front (60’s) this weekend. Whoopee!! Definitely looking forward to getting out of the mid 80’s.

Ang says:

Lucky!!!

sarahmurray says:

So beautiful! This is my favorite time of year too. I love watching the falling leaves swirl around in the wind, and the smell of chimney smoke… And what a gorgeous mountain view! I’ll bet you love it when it storms. x

Michelle says:

Beautiful!!

DiddleDaddleDesigns says:

Gorgeous pictures. I need to try to get some better ones.
    Teresa

Julie says:

Wow, what a view…. How blessed you are to see such majesty every day.

I found you from Becoming Me’s blog.

It’s nice to meet you.

Julie

nikkicrumpet says:

After being away from my dear home of Utah for the last 7 years….boy do I miss those gorgeous mountains! Thanks for sharing the beauty of Utah with someone who misses it like crazy!

[…] of fall, and the bright colors as the leaves change.  I’ve posted about them before, here and here – there’s some beautiful views of our valley in there […]