SewConnected – October

Posted on October 16th, by Amy in SewConnected. 16 comments

Ritas block
Originally uploaded by parkcitygirl

I spent last evening completing this block for Rita of our SewConnected group :) The colors of the fabric and the change of season happening around me inspired me to make this forest block, with a little bunny foo-foo that Rita embroidered. I had a plan originally to make a simple block but as I was falling asleep last week – this popped into my head! My original wasn’t exciting and so I kept putting it off for something else. This inspired and challenged me! It was lots of fun to make :)

It feels like the weekend, with Ella out of school. . . our plans to go camping have been thwarted by runny noses and coughs. Hopefully everyone will be up to a little outdoor adventure soon!

Today we went to Costco, where I was able to return my current sewing machine, no problem, (I love Costco) now the difficult machine decision is coming to a head! Thankfully I have a little Janome Jem to get me through this in between time :)

16 thoughts on “SewConnected – October

Amy says:

Oh Amy! The block for Rita is beautiful! It’s so fun to see what everyone has done with the same fabric!

melissa s. says:

love the trees, what a great idea!

Jaimie says:

That is so cool! Love it. Sorry about your kids; that’s such a bummer. Mine too have been sick off and on for a month now. Just when I think it’s passed, it comes on again! Ugh!! :)

Meg says:

That block is so wonderful! It’s just so creative. I could go on using exclamation points about this block all day…and I didn’t realize costco sold sewing machines. Hmmmm….

SaraRules says:

I Love Love LOVE the orange fabric! So fun, and such a cute block!

Can’t wait to see what new sewing machine you end up with!

jacquie says:

it’s so fun seeing this block again! i love it more each time i see it. i’m so envisioning a tree quilt. all sorts of cool trees are possible. what an inspiration.

Rita says:

I love the forest block! Thank you! And I love hearing about your inspiration for it too! Enjoy your family time together!

Bobbi says:

I love the colors you chose. That bright red mixed with the muted green and gold really makes it pop!

tipper says:

Love the block :)

Cheryl A says:

Little bunny foo-foo! I love that rhyme. Great inspiration.

Cheryl A says:

Little bunny foo-foo! I love that rhyme. Great inspiration.

Cheryl A says:

Little bunny foo-foo! I love that rhyme. Great inspiration.

Cheryl A says:

Little bunny foo-foo! I love that rhyme. Great inspiration.

Cheryl A says:

Little bunny foo-foo! I love that rhyme. Great inspiration.

Cheryl A says:

Little bunny foo-foo! I love that rhyme. Great inspiration.

Andrea says:

That little bunny in the trees is sweet and clever. The orange colors really catch my eye too. Fun! Hooray for inspiration!