I’ve been dreaming. . .

Posted on October 24th, by Amy in Uncategorized. 9 comments

My new machine arrived yesterday afternoon. I had to wait a couple of hours to plug it in and try it out real quick before getting ready for a dinner guest.

First I did a decorative stitch, just to see, then a straight stitch, to see how fast. Then I dropped the feed dog to see how it liked free-motion. It’s beautiful! Straight from the box, it didn’t want to stop. I made loops, random stipple and stars, all without any threads breaking, no need to stop. It’s so smooth and quiet. I finished the scrap I was working on and told Joe in the next room “like a dream” I am so blessed to have gotten this machine!

Today I finished my top for the tree skirt. My first attempt to miter corners came out good – I was pleasantly surprised :)
I had to redo my first corner – but not a big deal. I love figuring this sort of thing out, it makes quilting challenging and exciting. And there is so much grace there – room for mistakes to be made and learned from.

I have plans to quilt my Olive Rose/corduroy project right away – I need to get it finished up, and a few other wip’s. I like to be orderly and finish what I start, but I don’t always have all the necessary component on hand. . .

Have a great weekend! I hope to have lots to show you soon ~

9 thoughts on “I’ve been dreaming. . .

Dana says:

How exciting!!!

And the tree skirt is beautiful. I love the bright colors!

Amy says:

YAY!!!! Doing the cabbage patch!

Amy says:

As my grandmother would have said “use it in good health (dear)”. And I hope you do!

Marrdy says:

Oh, a new machine. How fun!! The quilt is beautiful.

Penny says:

It looks great Amy! I have to tell you I just talked to my dad on the phone (who by the way follows my blog, he’s a sweetie for sure) and he happened to mention that he stopped by your blog via mine and thinks your blog is fantastic! My dad has never said that about anyone else’s blog before. He loves the music you play here!

Rebekah says:

cute skirt! I love the colors and fabric that you used :)

tipper says:

Love the skirt! And Congrats on the machine!

melissa s. says:

it looks great! and i’m so glad you’re happy with your new machine!

One Shabby Chick says:

This is just amazing! Wow – I am so bad a those mitered corners – yours look amazing!!

Amber