Olive Rose – Done at last!

Posted on October 27th, by Amy in finished quilt. 21 comments

Looking back through my blog archives, I found that I started this quilt in July. Never thought it would take me until the end of October to get it quilted and bound, but other projects kept coming up! The corduroy backing adds an extra layer of texture to the quilt, and a little more heft. I would highly encourage you to try quilting corduroy – it feels amazing!Quilting this piece was a delight! No broken threads, no frustrations – I was/am so thankful. I am still learning how to free-motion so this is not a perfectly quilted quilt. However, I try to not even think in terms of perfection – it is too high a standard for me, for anyone really, and I do not want to breed perfectionism in my kids. I don’t think it is a healthy mindset to have. So my quilt is excellent and just right!

Did you notice the stripy binding – I like it lots :) I have another work-in-progress waiting to be basted together – I had to piece the batting to get it big enough. . . I’ll be back soon!

21 thoughts on “Olive Rose – Done at last!

Artfulife says:

I love it!

Janis says:

Gorgeous quilt – I love the colors and your quilting! Yep, I’m going to have to try the cordoroy one of these days. :)

tipper says:

Another beauty!

No Crying Mama says:

So gorgeous! Someday, I think I’ll hire you to make me a quilt for my bed! I can never find anything I’m 100% happy with. I’ve said it before, but you are quite gifted

SaraRules says:

It looks fabulous! I really like how the corduroy backing picks up the blue flowers on the front. Go you! And congrats on the fancy new machine!

Amy says:

I think it looks fantastic!

Rebekah says:

That corduroy backing is so cool! I have a few fat quarters of this fabric and would love to make a quilt with it soon.

Nice job on this quilt!

Jessica Levitt says:

It came out great. I really do love the corduroy idea and I can’t wait to try it…who knows when that will be I never have any time for actual quilting.

kristina says:

very cool! corduroy huh? I can’t wait to try it! So happy for you and your new machine–good times!

Simply This and That says:

Congrats on a finished quilt! I’ll have to try corduroy. Way fun! ooxx`jodi

kristi says:

what a beautiful quilt! the colors are gorgeous, and like everyone else i think corduroy is a great touch. thanks for the yummy recipe!

DiddleDaddleDesigns says:

I love it. I think I will have to try corduroy at some point. I am sure it provides extra warmth.
    Teresa

Bobbi says:

Hi Amy. Love this quilt. You used some of my favorite fabrics in it. I’m going to pass on the recipe exchange. Not because it doesn’t sound fun but I’m trying to cut back on extra curricular stuff during the holidays. Thanks for thinking of me though!

sara says:

AMY!! I love you so much, you are just so clever! I didnt relazie you were teaching your self to do long arm quilting!! Do you have a long arm??? I am so looking forward to my quilt retreat in November, 2 weeks away! I want to get Tomoko’s baby quilt going. I took the day off of work to sleep in and get house things done, so I hope you have a wonderful day!

Valerie says:

I think it is great! I want to learn how to do this also. How did you learn???

Elizabeth says:

Amy, it is so beautiful! ! Congratulations on finishing it !!

Marrdy says:

I love these colors. And I too love that cute border!!

jacquie says:

this turned out so well. i love that you took the risk of the corduroy on the back. i’ll bet it’s GREAT to snuggle under. i’m definitely going to give that a try!!

Dana says:

Beautiful! I love the colors. What is the best way to piece batting? What kind of batting do you?

Adventures In Babywearing says:

That really is so gorgeous!

Steph

Shelley says:

Beautiful! I wish I could sew. I bought a sewing machine a couple years ago but haven’t done anything with it. If something doesn’t come naturally to me I tend to give up! I love this quilt.