Cutting . . . Check!

Posted on November 13th, by Amy in work in progress. 19 comments

I just finished up cutting all my strips this morning. I probably could have finished yesterday, but I took a little slice off my index finger . . . that slowed me down – a lot! Watch those fingers people! I just got caught up I guess, thinking I had it all together and wham, ouch. Thankfully I didn’t get any blood on the fabulous fabrics :)

I counted them – 263 pieces. I know, your thinking – it’s a scrap quilt – just sew it! I’m a planner – I can’t help it :) It should be a queen size by the time I finish – that’s exciting, especially as it is all scraps!

Bookmarks:
The four that I made two weeks ago, have all sold! Thanks for your encouragement to put the black & white one in – it sold first. I read this post a while back and it has been resonating – “sell one thing.” I can make those little bookmarks in quantity, so I have plans to make more and get my shop stocked up for Christmas. Great little gifts for teachers and special friends :)

Have a great afternoon ~

19 thoughts on “Cutting . . . Check!

SaraRules says:

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your finger! But I love your pile of fabric – they look so bright and fun! Definitely a good way to ward off the overcast weather! :)

Jackie says:

Amy, so funny (not)… the first thing I thought was ouch. Then I thought wow I hope she didn’t bleed on that fabric…LOL! No really I hope your finger is okay. I know what it can be like. Congrats on the bookmark sales, that is terrific!

audreypawdrey says:

Ouch! I have done that before and it hurts! I am glad you were able to keep that beautiful fabric pile spotless!:)

Elissa says:

i love the colors you have together here! gorgeous!

melissa s. says:

LOVE that leaf print on top! do you know who makes it? it would be great on a project i’m working on right now!!!

Ritch in Love says:

what fantastic pieces of material!

Marrdy says:

Did you say 265 pieces? You are a pillar of patience my dear! I can hardly wait to see this one!

another amy says:

Ooo. Just looking at that pile of fabric makes me excited. Can’t wait to see what you do with it! Hope the finger heals quickly.

jacquie says:

sorry about your finger…those darn rotary cutters, can’t live without them…but they can be vicious. cathy had good advice…i should give it a try and stop saying maybe someday.

Amy says:

fabulous fabrics indeed!
    and ouch.

Cheryl A says:

Ouch! I’ve done that myself. I hope it isn’t too bad because it can take a long time to heal. Watch it when you go to turn on a light switch, that’s what got me every time.

Cheryl A says:

Cheryl A says:

Cheryl A says:

Cheryl A says:

Cheryl A says:

Jackie says:

I love your scraps! They’re bright and happy looking! Take care of that finger.

Ang says:

Hey Amy, OK, so I taught myself how to use a pattern and sewing manchine. I told my friend about my desire to sew, and she let me borrow a machine of hers. I spent Friday, Saturday, and part of today cutting, marking, and now sewing. I literally took the manual out and read page by page. I figured it out after an hour, and made a pair of pants! My goal is to make all of us matching Christmas PJ’s…maybe start a tradition (we’ll see how it goes). You inspired me, and I did it! I still have last minute touches on Ellie’s pants, but I’ll put them on the blog. Just wanted to thank you for the inspiration!

Tipper says:

Hope your cut isn’t too bad.