I Am Thankful : : 8

Posted on November 28th, by Amy in Me, Thankful. 9 comments

It seems I have avoided this place for much of the week. This year has been full of ups (mostly our children) and downs. As you know I am always thankful for the big and little blessings in my life – I AM blessed. But this Thanksgiving was different – in so many ways. I didn’t want to be a wet blanket for anyone else, and haven’t been sure how to express myself – so I didn’t. We were blessed to be with good friends for the holiday, and there was tons of good food too!

I guess I miss our church family most of all. Being around a table of 20+ people, young and old, coming each with something delicious to share. It’s been that way for 5 years, and now being here still without that family is hard. I know that God will see us through this time, He continues to provide for our every need, and even a few wants.

I’m not sure where to go with this at the moment – just needed to get it out . . . cherish those around you, never take them for granted, and tell them how blessed you are to have them in your life. I need to make a couple of phone calls myself.

Be blessed~

I Am Thankful for
~ My husband
~ My children
~ A loving God
~ Good friends
~ Creative therapy

9 thoughts on “I Am Thankful : : 8

Socal says:

I am BLESSED by you! You are still in my prayers DAILY. I know that God is going to do great things. Hang in there. I love you.

Also, yes, I totally miss home! TOTALLY and I am not even gone overseas yet. please keep me in your prayers for that. Love you girlie!

em's scrapbag says:

It can be very hard to live in Utah when your family is far away. So many have big families near by that when you don’t you can feel left out. But hang in there you can find others in the same boat. I find when I invite them over we are all blessed.

Jackie says:

Your family is in your heart wherever you may be. You are blessed!

melissa s. says:

hugs to you. and don’t forget to lean on your blog friends when you need to! that’s what we’re here for ;-)

Paula Prass says:

I totally understand how you feel. We moved several years ago from Nashville Tn several years ago and I still consider our church friends our family. Miss them dearly and still make trips to visit. You will make new friends but your old ones wil never be replaced.

Jaimie says:

The holidays are so hard when things change and we’re not with the people we once knew and loved… Hang in there and know that 2009 will bring SO many blessings and a brand new start for your family. Praying for you!

Andrea says:

My thoughts for you during this hard time. May there be enough grace to make the hurts bearable and joy a little closer to your heart.

Amy says:

You are in my thoughts Amy.

tipper says:

I know exactly how you feel Amy. Kind of a bittersweet-thankful for what you have-but missing what you no longer have. Me too.

But I can be thankful for:

A loving family
    A husband who adores me and our girls
    A warm home