November Swap

Posted on November 29th, by Amy in Swap Til You Drop. 9 comments

I got word from Lucinda that my two-color quiltie made it to her the other day. Now I am free to share it with all of you :)It was a bit dark the day I took pictures – I had to get it in the mail or I would have ended up keeping it and making something different to send! The pattern is called Wedding Bouquet – I had stumbled on an abandoned site with tons of free blocks – I really liked the flower and it was just two colors!
I had borrowed a book from the library last time that had a lot of influence over this quilt. Creative Quilting with Beads – it was a fluke I even picked it up. I had Owen in my arms, and Sophia following me (the older two I trust alone for a few moments) I was just checking the smallish shelf for something new that I hadn’t already checked out. Since I make bracelets too, and love beads, it was a win, win situation! As I started adding beads, I had a general idea of how I wanted it to go, and my creative juices flowed :) Hand quilting seemed ideal for this little patch (12″ square). It twinkles in the sunlight – I’m so glad that Lucinda loves it! I had such a blast putting all the little details into it.

To see more swap quilts visit the flickr group.

9 thoughts on “November Swap

jacquie says:

this is beautiful! i’ve always wanted to add beads to a quilt. so pretty!!!

Jackie says:

You are like me! I have a collection of beads and a book about beading on quilts and fabric. Yours came out beautiful!

Kritta22 says:

coming over from BWChallenge. I love the touch the beads added. Nice work!!
    Oh ps I love the quilting on the tree skirt…I forgot to put that!

tipper says:

You are sooo talented. Beautiful work as always!!

audreypawdrey says:

This is beautiful! I love how the beads make it sparkly.

Adventures In Babywearing says:

I LOVE the colors!!

Steph

Penny says:

Nice work Amy! I never would have thought to add beads to a quilt! Very interesting!

Marrdy says:

I love the beads, You must have the patience of Job!!

sara says:

What lovely color combinations! Stunning!