Christmas Highlights

Posted on December 26th, by Amy in Celebrations. 9 comments

We had a blessed day yesterday! The snow was falling all day (about 18″) and we were happy to stay indoors, cozy and warm :) Everyone had something new to hold their attention and for the most part the little ones got along. There’s usually something that everyone wants, and Owen is too young to understand that not everything is his! All in good time :)

For Christmas Eve we went to a service at 3 in the afternoon. This service (1 of 5) was geared toward the kids, with young readers reading passages of scripture, and directed readings. There was also a kids choir for those that wanted to participate, Ella and Sophia happily agreed. We were so proud to watch them singing of our Saviors birth.Thankfully I had a couple of pads of paper and pens in my purse to keep Sophia and Owen happy while the service continued, usually there is coloring books/crayons for Sunday mornings available. After service we made our way home and finished up the grocery shopping to be prepared for a day at home. The girls and I made a Birthday Cake together before they went to bed – fun memories. Before I turned in – I prepared breakfast, made coffee, helped Joe get the presents down – and made it to bed by 10! That never happens :)

The highlights :Owen’s new truck.
Emmalie and her scooter – she’s been riding it around the kitchen!
Sophia and her Groovy Girl – each of the girls got a different one.
Ella and her addition to her Littlest Pet Shop collection.
Owen eating the cookie that Santa left.
We ended the day with a program the girls have been practicing for the past week. They each sang a song individually, and finished with Jingle Bells together. We are so thankful to have had a great day together celebrating Jesus’ birth.

At the moment I am itching to sew! It’s been a solid week since I touched my machine . . . but since I had a “day off” yesterday (dishes only) the house is a bit disheveled – time to dig out :) The driveway needs digging out too – but I think I will leave that to Joe today!

Have a great weekend ~

9 thoughts on “Christmas Highlights

Andrea says:

Amy, Merry Christmas! It looks like yours was lovely! I haven’t stopped by in a bit, so h”ere’s a “hello” and “hope all is well. Enjoy this week with your kids!

p.s. I love the photo of Mt. Timp. It makes me home sick!

Christy says:

Hi Amy! Merry Christmas! The look of children opening pressies on Christmas morning is priceless!

Becoming Me says:

Belated Merry Christmas. Great pictures…all the kidare so cute…little Owen is gonna be a heartbreaker!

melissa s. says:

sounds (and looks!) like a wonderful day! I’m itching to sew, too!

Janis says:

Looks like your Christmas washappy and blessed too. The kids are adorable, and the girls’ program must have been the highlight of the day. They have a wonderful mother to create such precious and meaningful memories for them.

Sherri - KaysvilleMomma says:

Looks like tons of fun!!!!

amandajean says:

it looks like you had a great christmas! enjoy all your snow! :)

Tipper says:

Love love all the pictures! Looks like so much fun!

Marrdy says:

Wow a fun day. I missed my kids being little. We are very organized and tidy now and it’s just not as fun!!