Looking Ahead

Posted on January 4th, by Amy in Me. 10 comments

I’m not one to set resolutions. I do have goals, but they have been formulating much longer than the week prior to New Years’. I’m sure there are many of you that can relate. I thought I would share my goals here and look back next year to see how far I’ve come -

- First and foremost I want to be the best mom and wife that I can be to my family. Even when it means putting off this post until the 4th :)

- I have many quilt designs that I want to make, and see in reality not just paper.

- I think I may want to learn to crochet. . . maybe with felting yarn!?

- And I want to do more embroidery.

- I need to learn how to take better care of my computer. I don’t know/do regular maintenance, to keep it happy.

- I would like to take better pictures. Do you know of a good photog blog?

- I would like to contribute, from home, to our family’s bottom line. I need to find my niche on etsy. . . also in that vein, I’ve added advertising here. I figure it’s worth a shot! If it offends you, I’m sorry, please ignore the ads. However, if you find something interesting please click through. My thought is that I need to give it a solid 6 months and then reevaluate. I’ll keep you posted :)

- I want to work on writing my posts better too – half the time I’m rushing and come back later to find my grammar/sentence structure a mess! Oops – I’m working on it :)

- I have baby weight to loose, and I’m pretty sure this is the year to do it! I really want pictures with my kids that I can be proud of. So no pop, baked goods, chips . . . I piled in the produce today at the store :) And finding ways to exercise inside right now – our neighborhood looks like a war zone through winter with all the snow piled up. No sidewalks, well at least not stroller – worthy sidewalks. (And it’s cold, like -5 right now)

I pray that you are blessed in this coming year, and I look forward to getting to know you more. Thanks for being great friends -

PS – I did get a quilt top finished! I need to iron it and then I can post with pictures – tomorrow.

10 thoughts on “Looking Ahead

Amy says:

Happy new year to you. Those all seem to be worthy goals. Good luck to you. I look forward to watching as you check each one off your list.

Jackie says:

Sounds like good goals. I also want to take better pictures and did some exploring. You can go to Better Photo.com and they have an abundance of online courses. I decided to do their FREE lesson first to see if I like it. So far so good. Also on my sidebar there is a link to a blog/website… The Pioneer Woman, she devotes a whole part of her site to photography, really good tips. Good Luck and I hope this helps.

Janis says:

Your goals sound a whole lot like mine! Only I haven’t even done the new year resolution post yet – maybe next time. :)

One of our common goals is the photo one. Here are a couple of interesting sites that have helped me. Maybe they will interest you too. I’m still learning . . .

Thanks to Jackie too, I’m going to check those out as well!
    Have a great one! :)

jacquie says:

great goals…i think having goals is the best way to actually accomplish things…especially long term. if you find a great photo blog, let me know. i’d love to take better pictures too.

Artsy Momma says:

Better photos is big for me too. Keep us posted if you find sites that you really like!

Tipper says:

Amy- I love your goals-and share more than a few of them too.

audreypawdrey says:

It seems as if we all have similar goals! I also would like to be more fit and take better pictures.

Thanks to everyone who has posted links, I am going to try those, too!

Amy says:

Thanks for writing my list for me…LOL…you should twitter too…its good advertising

Marrdy says:

Great goals! We could share…I can teach you to crochet and you can teach me to quilt.

melissa s. says:

great goals! I have many of the same. for photography, I just signed up with an online class so will let you know how it was when I’m finished!