Emmalie Turns 5!

Posted on January 8th, by Amy in Celebrations. 17 comments

I was trying to get here yesterday! Too much activity in my house :) I’m behind in responding to your nice comments about the quilt top – thank you! I get such a boost sharing here.

Emmalie had a great Birthday – thank you for your birthday wishes for her! A few pictures from our birthday celebration :)
She was exasperated with daddy for taking her picture. I have a few with just her spoon!

The birthday cake – Emmalie asked for a butterfly cake (I already had the pan) with rainbow frosting. I’m not usually quite this artistic with the cakes but I pulled it off :) She loved it! In fact she was just asking me to print this picture so she could have it. Em has a way of bringing a smile to my face at any time :)

Hope you are having a great afternoon ~ Amy

17 thoughts on “Emmalie Turns 5!

Jennifer says:

Fun Cake! What a sweet memory for her~

Jackie says:

Fantastic cake! Happy Birthday Emmalie!!

melissa s. says:

happy birthday! it looks like a magical day, complete with a rainbow butterfly cake!!

audreypawdrey says:

That is such a great rainbow butterfly cake! It looks like she had a blast at the party.:)

Anonymous says:

I’m at Marilyn’s showing her your website…Emm looks adorable and the cake is a work of art…Love, Mom

Artfulife says:

Happy birthday Emmalie! I hope it was a super special day.

When you have a sec, please email me your address.

Thimbleanna says:

Ohmygosh — Emmalie is adorable — I love that exasperated picture. Excellent cake job too!

mellyandrosie says:

Happy Birthday Emmalie!!! What an amazing job you did with that cake Amy – it is completely GORGEOUS!! can you make one for my birthday???

Dana says:

Happy Birthday Emmalie!

randi---i have to say says:

Happy birthday to your girl! What a cute cake!

Janis says:

The cake is beautiful! But not quite as beautiful as Emmalie. How sweet that she wants a pic — I’ll bet she has her own scrapbook, doesn’t she?

Tipper says:

Love the cake! I’m so glad her day was happy!

Cheryl says:

Wow, that is an awesome cake!

Marrdy says:

Happy Birthday Emmalie. Please do your mommy a favor and stay five for a long, long time!

Amy says:

Gorgeous child. Excellent cake. Happy birthday Emmalie – here’s wishing you a year filled with butterflies!

Andrea says:

What a fun cake! Can’t imagine making something like that. What will I do when my future children ask for rainbow butterfly cakes??? Aack! I guess come here for advice! :)

Looks like it was a fun day. Happy day to you and Emmalie and all of your family.

jacquie says:

oooh happy birthday. she’s looking pretty snazzy!