SewConnected – January

Posted on January 23rd, by Amy in SewConnected. 17 comments

I have been sitting on this fabric all month – and the last week haven’t gotten sew much. Last night I ignored the dinner dishes and set to work after the kids went to bed.
January is Tracy‘s month – she has a green living room and is making a quilt to coordinate. I love the luxurious fabrics that Tracy sent! I really wanted to highlight the silk somehow – and this is what I came up with. I hope you like it Tracy! The quilt is going to be fantastic – you can check out the other blocks over on flickr.

Now I need to get my other block done for Amy . . .

Hope you are having a great Friday!
Blessings – Amy

17 thoughts on “SewConnected – January

SaraRules says:

WOW! It’s gorgeous! Amazing that so much depth and texture can be in one block!

audreypawdrey says:

It is beautiful! You did a lovely job with those fabrics.:)

Jackie says:

Terrific block and you did a great job highlighting the silks.

Tracy says:

That is awesome!! I cannot wait to get them all so I can put it all together.

The silks turned out so lovely in your block. Thank you!

Stephanie says:

That is gorgeous! Love the silk…such great textures.

Artsy Momma says:

That turned out great!

melissa s. says:

i love it, amy. what fun fabrics to work with!

Bobbi says:

You’ve got me itchin’ to get back into quilting. It seems I can only do one hobby at a time and it’s been several years since I’ve quilted. Did you see any stars last week during Sundance? My hubby was up there but didn’t see anyone interesting.

Janis says:

It looks so sophisticated! You did an excellent job of making the fabrics work for you. :)

Anonymous says:

Hi Hon; did you get any ideas for elephants? Love the green block; mostly the magnolia looking flower!
    love you, babe, Mom

Shannon says:

Blog hopping throught the Project Improv list….

Love the green and brown block! I am so taken with that floral in the corner.

I can’t help love a quilter’s blog with a playlist in the sidebar!!

Kim says:

Those colors remind me of summer and chocolate, lol, both of which I am dreaming of this winter! Very very nice!

Amy says:

oooo…thats pretty

Tipper says:

Beautiful!! She will love it!

Thimbleanna says:

Very, very nice Amy! This is a fun project you guys are doing.

em's scrapbag says:

Reminds me of the garden. Cool and fresh. Nice job.

jacquie says:

great job amy! you did a lot better with those silks than i did. though, they were gorgeous!