A Notion or Two – February

Posted on February 9th, by Amy in a Notion or Two. 19 comments

I had a productive day with my machine! I opted for these fast finishes, as my ideas had been stealing my sleep. Don’t you hate that? All I really want to do is sleep, and my brain is too busy thinking up stuff to create! I know, you feel my pain :)

My wonky log cabin for Amy. Well kinda wonky. . . Next time I may leave the rotary cutter in the box and use scissors. Old habits die hard.

Amy asked that we applique or embroider a bird to the block – it’s a big block 16″ – so I went for a different style with more stature for the piece. Makes me think of a crow on a wire . . .

The rest of the blocks are starting to trickle in – you can check them out over here. And I forgot to mention that other blocks from my previous post can be seen here!

I hope you are well – Blessings.

19 thoughts on “A Notion or Two – February

Amy says:

It came out great! I love the bird on a wire.

Janis says:

I love your description of thoughts sneaking into our sleeping schedules. Yes, I so know what you mean!

Your bird block is adorable! Your embroidery is gorgeous, both in the stitches and the design. I’m guessing you free-handed that? (By the way, it’s way too cute to be a crow.)

Beautiful work, as always!

Stephanie says:

So pretty. I especially love your birdie.

tipper says:

Just lovely-and I like crows!

Thimbleanna says:

Great job Amy — I love those wonky log cabins! And boy, do I feel your sleep-losing pain!!!

Amylouwho says:

Oh my gosh I lose sleep all the time when I get excited about an idea. I love your block!! I think I’m going to do mine today.

audreypawdrey says:

Beautiful block! I love the bird on the wire. It is so neat!

Marrdy says:

Wonky! I love it. I am with you. Rotary cutters make me nuts. Love my scissors!

Jackie says:

Fantastic block! I really love the colors. Yes, I think it is wonky.

Amy says:

I love the block you made! I am getting so excited to see what everyone is creating!

Rebekah says:

this is such a fun and funky block! I love your bird embroidery

sewtakeahike says:

What a fun block Amy! I love materials you have used, definitely makes me think of spring!

SewAmy says:

love Amy’s wonky block. It look great. And the ‘can’t sleep because of ideas running thru your head’ happens to me too.

Sheree says:

Love all your new projects, especially this orange/yellow block…Great fabrics there!

Can’t wait to see the secret project too. :)

Sheree

TheBackPorchQuilters says:

Your block is awesome!!!! Each month gets better and better

kristina says:

hey girlie-this turned out SO great, really cute! How do you get involved in all of these groups, it sounds like SO much fun! p.s. I also suffer from Crazy Brain while I am trying to sleep…what’s the deal? Too much to create, not enough time:)

Andrea says:

It’s great! Congrats!

another amy says:

Turned out so cool. I really like the bird. You are getting really good with these birds.

I don’t know how often I wake-up thinking about projects I want to do and can’t go back to sleep. It is a comfort to know I am not the only one. I was beginning to think I was the only weird one.

Cassie says:

This block is like a ray of sunshine. I’m liking it very much. I’m also glad to know that I’m not the only one who let’s ideas sneak into her sleepy time. You’ll notice that it is 12:06 a.m. and I am not sleeping. I threw in the towel. I’m up until I get a wee bit more tired.

Take care, Amy-