Moody Monday

Posted on March 2nd, by Amy in random. 11 comments

Not me – thank goodness! The skies. Even though we have a serious winter here – it is mostly sunny, not too much of these overcast days. A good trade off in my opinion :)

Time to get my bloggy butt in gear – I can’t believe I haven’t posted in a week!

Most of the costumes for Ella’s production at school should have been dropped off at school this morning. Speaking with the other mom’s about them has been fun, and challenging – it’s rarely quiet around here :)

The one giving me trouble is a red/white stripe tee for “Smee” – of course I thought this would be the simplest! ugh. Short of paying $21 on Amazon I haven’t found a good cheap shirt that will do – so I’m thinking I just need to paint stripes on a white shirt. Or applique!? That just occurred to me – hmm.

Anyway – have you ever painted on a shirt? What sort of paint did you use and would you use it again?

I need to get this done, tonight or tomorrow – that’s the trouble of living in a small town, any crafty place is at least a 1/2 hour away and a mountain pass to bout! I didn’t plan for this – I thought for sure I could find one online :P

Maybe I am a bit punchy today . . .

11 thoughts on “Moody Monday

Andrea says:

What about ironing fusible web on the back of red fabric, then cutting it into strips, and then fusing it onto the shirt? (I guess that’s fusible applique?)

Jackie says:

Lovely mountain view. I think that you might be good with fusing too. Just take some red fabric and fuse it onto the shirt. It should work.

amylouwho says:

We got a huge snow storm today! whatever – I’m so ready for spring.

I’ve painted before. I always stretched the shirt of a board of some sort and taped it tight so that the paint would go on evenly with out the fabric dragging (if that even makes sense). I would tape off where you want the stripes….

melissa s. says:

isn’t smee’s shirt blue + white and he has a red hat? (I only know this b/c we read peter pan before bed tonight) I’ve had good luck with fabric paints doing stenciling. I use this brand: http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/1813-AA.shtml

Good luck!!

audreypawdrey says:

Beautiful picture! I am going to wish good luck because I have no new ideas that haven’t been mentioned!

wildcardquilts says:

Hi! I threw a baby shower once and one of the activities I created was to paint on white cotton onesies that I wrapped around cardboard. Just used generic fabric paint from JoAnn’s, the kind you can squeeze out and draw with (some people used paint brushes as well). I let them sit for 24 hours and then washed them and they turned out so great! My sister had a pile of one-of-a-kind onesies at the ready when her daughter came. No one at the shower was particularly crafty but they all did a great job, which tells me it was really easy!

That mountain view is incredible–is that from your house? WOW. Down here we have only one 3″ x 3″ square of snow left on our deck. SPRING IS COMING!!!

Thimbleanna says:

Haha, I guess I never thought of Park City as a small town since it’s so close to SLC. I’d LOVE to live there. And those gray skies — that’s what it’s like here most of the time — it’s pretty rare for us to get the gorgeous blue skies that you do!

Tipper says:

I hope you figure the shirt out :)I know you will-you’re so creative something will pop into that mind!

SewAmy says:

stopping by to say Hi. the mountain view is beautiful.

Ang says:

I have no advice about painting on a shirt…I just can’t wait to see how it comes out! =)

Marrdy says:

Sorry, can’t help you…not crafty that way! But I think you need a little break. How about tomorrow when the storm gets here? Just sit around and do nothing.