Dreams

Posted on April 7th, by Amy in ramblings. 13 comments

I’ve never really remembered sleepy time dreams, but in the light of day – I have lots of dreams.

Little things like canning vegetables this fall, or a room just for me to sew in. Other days it’s a little extra cash to make that purchase. . . or better organization for the kitchen, and the kids’ rooms!

Some days my dreams are in my sketch book, wanting to become quilts. And once again these are the dreams that keep me from sleeping :) All in due time – I hope.

Today was our first day of Spring Break – there was lots of sunshine, and little girls playing outside (still in down coats, but it was sunny) I should have done the pile of laundry that has accumulated in our bedroom, but no, I added a massive list of blogs to my sidebar, and marveled at the traffic at this little blog. I did make a delicious dinner (Alfredo), and packed everyone up for an afternoon dr. visit for Owen. Last week it was Sophia – icky ear infection that wiped her out. Owen just has a cold at the moment – I am thankful that he didn’t have strep, and that he has never been on antibiotics.

All the while my dreams were never too far from my mind :)

Do you have dreams?

13 thoughts on “Dreams

Jackie says:

All the time! I am always dreaming/fantasizing about things. Usually quilt related or kid related. Enjoy your spring break!

Andrea says:

My night time dreams are so vivid they are sometimes overwhelming! But the day-dream, quilt-dreams are just lovely.

Michelle says:

I daydream about quilts all the time! I rarely sew clothes but I had a dream a few weeks ago about an outfit. I sketched it on a piece of paper the next day.

audreypawdrey says:

I dream about different quilts, too! I also have been having bizarre night dreams, but generally prefer those that occur in the daytime.

Artfulife says:

I have very vivid and strange dreams. Last night I dreamed I was undercover trying to catch a bad guy in a modeling agency, which in turn quickly moved into a shoot out where I started dodging some crazy bullets (I seriously felt them fly past my hair) & ended up trying to save some vintage children's records and a family from a building I just knew was going to blow up. Silly I know. I've watched way to many action packed thrillers (I think a few of them spilled into this dream) I wish I could dream about quilts and such. Hope you have a fun and happy Spring Break.

Tipper says:

Dreams-me too. Glad spring break has started off good for you guys. The girls are out next week.

Paloma says:

Yes, so many crafty dreams. I dream of quilts a lot. And a lot of times quilts keep me from sleeping too. Yesterday I read on Mayamade that she met some bloggy friends, and then I dreamed of meeting my own bloggy friends, LOL.
    I guess is “all in due time.”
    Enjoy the break!!

amylouwho says:

i just bought a graph paper notebook for sketching out projects – it’s the best! I often find myself up at night figuring out a problem/project or two.

Rachel@oneprettything.com says:

Wow, I just discovered your blog via CraftGossip and there’s so much crafty goodness going on here, I love it! Your how-to’s are great-I would love to link to some of them if you didn’t mind.

Last night I dreamed I was watching Battlestar Galactica with the Obamas, then they were going to help me move. =)

melissa s. says:

we just had our first patch of nice spring days, so i’m dreaming of more to follow (although it’s supposed to rain tomorrow. i’m in denial)!

A Spoonful Of Sugar says:

I am dreaming of the school holidays which start on friday – sleeping in the mornings – I can’t wait.

Andrea says:

Holy moly your list of blogs is longer than mine…isn’t it fun to read them? Now I have more to peruse. :-)

I dream of quilts, of opening a quilt shop online or a quilt shop/retreat on the ocean with a golf resort connected for the spouses LOL. Someday! My husband and I often dream about retirement, buying the big motorhome and travelling across Canada and the USA…in our matching leisure suits LOL! Seriously!
    We’re so corny.

Marrdy says:

Day dreams are the best. They are full of life and love and are never scary like night dreams.