DQS6 Sneak Peek

Posted on April 9th, by Amy in Doll Quilt Swap, work in progress. 23 comments

DQS6 peak

This week of Spring Break has been great! No schedule, except for Owen’s naps – don’t want to mess that up :) We started the week with sunshine, however yesterday and today have been WINDY and rainy. Just as well, the colds have been going around with the kiddos – Owen and Emmalie are really congested, and Sophia still has a cough from last weeks ear infection. Just the way this month has gone! I’m so thankful that they are healthy otherwise.

I took all the kids to the dentist this morning – not to bad really! Ella and Em got the full cleaning treatment, while Sophia and Owen sat/laid on my lap while they got checked out. So now Owen is down for a late nap, and I am doing my best to take advantage of this “free time”! I had rented a flick for the girls last night knowing that it was going to be icky out :)

That’s where these stacks of fabrics come in! Doll Quilt Swap 6 is in full swing – lots of creative people with beautiful quilts. I’m drooling over each new set of pictures posted.

I’ve gotten started, but without our usual schedule, it’s a little more challenging to sit and create. I read somewhere about a mom getting up at 6 am to create – I can’t remember where, it was just last night. . . I do love to create, but would much rather stay up until 2 in the morning than wake early :) But Joe’s been making fun of me for staying up late, and I do need a bit more sleep – oh well! It all gets done eventually :)

DQS6 peak

I’ve had fun spiffing up this blog too! I would love to create a new banner, but haven’t come up with anything that I like better than what I already have . . . so not yet – but don’t be surprised when I figure it out!

Also – I was linked too from OnePrettyThing (Thanks again Rachel!) – Welcome everyone coming over! I hope you are inspired and encouraged as you browse around :)

Blessings to you ~ Amy

23 thoughts on “DQS6 Sneak Peek

SewAmy says:

love the sneak peak.

jmbmommy says:

Hee hee…Yes , only crazy people get up @ 6 to make stuff!! Seriously, sometimes you just get up and plunge right in and by the time you wake up…you have made something REALLY cool. (Or really weird looking!) I like the look of your swap quilt…very bright and springy, lovely!

Sarah says:

Amy – Can you share what the name of your fabric is?? I don’t recognize it.
    Looks yummy!
    Sarah

Kerri says:

oh, i love your stack!! i can’t wait to see more. :)

i hope your kiddos feel better.

Fiona says:

Amy that fabric looks good enough to eat – Can’t wait to see what you are turning it into

amylouwho says:

I would love to get up that early – but the problem is that #1 would hear me and think it was time to get up. I tend to stay up late too but I pay for it big time in the tiredness and patience arena.

I LOVE those fabrics – they are such cute bright fun colors!

SaraRules says:

:) Good luck with the doll quilt! I hope it’s tons of fun!

I love the pictures of the fabrics and pins all piled up!

Tipper says:

Glad you all are enjoying spring break-hope all the colds go away for good!! The fabric looks lovely.

randi says:

What a cute pile of fabrics!

Enjoy the rest of the spring break!

Stephanie says:

The Doll quilt swap looks like so much fun. Perhaps the next go round I’ll be able to join. Love the fabrics you’re using.

Jackie says:

Love your pretty stacks for your DQ! Also love what you are doing to your blog. I have to say that sometimes I rise early and sometimes stay up late. So I guess I am an in betweener.

Carla says:

The fabric looks so pretty! Can’t wait to see it.

melissa s. says:

I love your fabric choices, amy! can’t wait to see the finished product. hope your crew feels better soon and happy easter!

Victoria says:

The colors in these fabrics are gorgeous! Hope your little ones feel all better soon!

Thimbleanna says:

Ooooh, Amy, those fabrics are yummy — can’t wait to see the whole thing!

Jessica says:

I’m looking forward to seeing the finished quilt!

Rebekah says:

ooh! I love these fabrics…I miss out on the DQS every time :)

Zarina says:

I’m like you – prefer staying up late than waking up early to be creative. Even with a cup of coffee (tea) for me, will not be sufficient to really wake me up.

Anonymous says:

quilt festival online; what a good idea! So creative! once again love your creative photography…love, Mom

Aunt Spicy says:

Amy, what fun idea to have the Bloggers Quilt Festival! I have loved reading your site and looking at your beautiful projects! I am constantly amazed at how many talented people are in blog land and love all the new blog-links from your blog! Thanks!

Hill says:

have been busy drawing a complete design. Transfering what has been in my imagination onto paper whilst baking and a todler circuling is not too easy. plus my drawing is not that great.
    As I started piecing the design changed a bit. I am happy witht he progress so far. All that is left on the top is appliqueing the tree,bird and clouds. Then do a border I’m thinking black.
    sandy dentist

Dallas says:

What is the name of the fabric in this post? It’s really cute!

Beth says:

so gorgeous! i too am interested in who designs this fabric please!