SewConnected – April

Posted on April 27th, by Amy in SewConnected. 15 comments

For a super rainy Saturday, with less the 100 unread emails waiting for me, I set to make my swap blocks! For April, John had sent a great assortment of favorite prints and asked that we make some variation of log cabin blocks. I set out to make a 12.5×18.5″ rectangle (he was asking for specific squares and rectangles) and after double checking my math a couple times – came up with this:

SewConnected for John - April

I love the way this turned out, and I’m even thinking I would love my own quilt with these blocks in various sizes! With the solid white/parchment in there it makes a very striking block – at least in my opinion! :)

I made a second, less successful block too – John has agreed to add a final border to it, and make it the size that he needs as he’s constructing the top.

Extra Block for John

I have a couple of people I’m still waiting to hear from on the Quilt Festival Winner’s post – please go make sure it’s not you. This evening I will be selecting alternate winners.

Hope you have a great Monday!!
Blessings ~

15 thoughts on “SewConnected – April

Dionne says:

What beautiful blocks! I can’t wait to see what John does with them!
    Cheers,
    Dionne

Amy says:

I am a HUGE fan of red and white…I just love it :)

Andrea says:

I love how the red and white block turned out. It’d be fun to see more like this. :)

Congrats on your successful quilt festival!

karen says:

Oh what fun to find a man that quilts. I personally would like to find one that likes to cooks, so I can quilt! Cooking is just not my thing, altho’ baking is fun. Oops, time to take the banana bread out of the oven!

scrappy quilter says:

Fun blocks. I like the reds and whites together.

West Michigan Quilter says:

Wow, I love that red and white block. I like the different size. Can’t wait to see what you do with it.

W. Latane Barton says:

Those colors are really nice. Love the apple trim.

Cassie says:

Love the blocks, Amy. I’m intrigued by the idea of a quilt made of rectangle blocks.

Take care,
    Cassie

debbie in San Diego says:

Hi Amy- Wow I love the red and white block! would you mind sharing the strip measurements?
    Thanks Debbie

Jackie says:

The red and white blocks are fantastic. I am sure that John will be pleased with your design.

Mary on Lake Pulaski says:

You did an awesome job on the rectangle block!!

Allie says:

Love the blocks – nothing more cheerful than red and white!

Sara says:

I totally thought the snowball block was a solid piece of fabric. I love it!!!!

Kelly says:

Gorgeous! I love it!

Amy @ Park City Girl says:

Debbie in San Diego –
    My inner strip was 2.5×8.5, just build up from there! That inner tiny strip may not be necessary – I have found that my 1/4″ is a tad big and shows up when there’s multiple seams in a block :)