Swaps Received!!

Posted on May 3rd, by Amy in Doll Quilt Swap, Swap Til You Drop. 18 comments

I’ve had a couple of good days of mail! Friday my Doll Quilt arrived, and Saturday my STUD mini arrived :) Time for some pictures –

Doll Quilt from Maggistitches -
Doll Quilt Swap 6 from Maggistitches!

Over in the discussion thread for DQS we agreed to post a pic of us with the quilt we receive, make it a little more personal. Fun idea – here’s me :)

Doll Quilt Swap 6 - and me!

Here’s the back of the quilt – notice the addition of the front fabrics in the back! So cute.
Doll Quilt Swap 6 - back

I really love the quilting too!
Doll Quilt Swap 6 - detail

Thank you Maggi!

Swap Til You Drop – Spring Flowers mini from Tracy!
Spring Flowers

And extras :)
Spring Flowers - bonus
I love the concentric square quilting on this one too!
This is why I have loved getting into swaps – the quilty goodness that comes back to me :) There’s a link in my previous post for a swap that closes tomorrow, if you are interested in getting involved.

I’m off to get my binding stitched down –

18 thoughts on “Swaps Received!!

Niesz Vintage Home says:

Wow! They’re both gorgeous! And extra fabrics, too?…SCORE! LOL

That’s it, I have got to learn how to quilt.

Enjoy your new goodies.
    Kimberly :)

CABean03 says:

Looks like a couple of fun quilts! Man I love fabric, pattern, color – wish I had the talent/time/skill for quilting. Glad I can enjoy them through your blog. :) You are looking super great by the way – it’s only been what, 8 years since I’ve seen you? :)

Mel says:

I love the quilts! I’m glad you included a picture of yourself, it really personalizes it!

Stephanie says:

Judging from your wall color your swap partner chose a great palette for you. I love the simplicity of the design.

Jean says:

Beautiful quilts and the extra bonus of fabrics is great…love them, but especially the orange! It is always fun to get something in the mail.

Jackie says:

Wow, 2 wonderful little quilts!! You are one lucky girl. They are really terrific.

MomBrose says:

So cute! I never thought of doing doll quilts. That doesn’t feel so overwhelming :) It’s the “quilting” part that intimidates me :) Maybe I’ll join a swap after we move…. You’re inspiring :D

Maggi says:

I’m so glad you like it, Amy!

melissa s. says:

both quilts are just as cute as their new owner :-)

Cassie says:

Oh, my. That is some quilty goodness. Enjoy sewing that binding on. I like to bind things. It’s kind of like a little frame for something lovely.

Take care,
    Cassie

Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY says:

Lovely quilt project. Oh, la-la! Lots of other yummy projects and fabrics too.

Fabric (and patterned paper)=my weaknesses-lol.

susan says:

oh! both of the quilts you got are so sweet!! what lovely fabrics they used too!

Thimbleanna says:

Nuh-uh! That’s not you. You don’t look like your profile picture LOL! How fun to see what a cutie you are! ;-)

Paloma says:

Pretty quilts and pretty girl!
    you got great minis for your swaps!! I love swaps but I haven’t participated in many. I’m in STUD too so who knows, maybe some day we are partners!
    XX

Jackie Russell says:

Cute quilts you recieved.

jessica says:

What beautiful quilts :-). Your swap partners did a wonderful job!

Rebekah says:

these quilts are beautiful!

Your haircut is really cute

Tipper says:

Pretty quilts-pretty Amy! Neat to see you in a photo!