So little time . . .

Posted on May 11th, by Amy in Celebrations. 16 comments

I think I need a list!

I had a fabulous time at the Quilt Show on Saturday, and I feel like I haven’t stopped since!

Yesterday with the family was so nice and relaxed, after Owen’s nap in the afternoon, we headed down to Salt Lake all together. Family outings can be a challenge, but we all enjoyed ourselves. The Gateway is a nice outdoor mall, and we simply strolled. I wandered through Anthropologie and found these – I was due for a new set :) I love all the linens they have in there. A nice dinner out concluded our evening in the valley and we were on our way into the hills! I love living up away from the city. My Mother’s Day flowers:
This week marks the beginning of “birthday season” for our family. Over the next 6 weeks we have 4 birthdays, mother’s day and father’s day play into the equation too. Wednesday Ella will be 9, I have a little project for her, and my parents are on their way – we should see them tomorrow. . . I have a gift to make for my mom too!

So here’s my list =

= laundry, laundry, laundry
= make Ella a monster
= birthday cake
= birthday treats for school
= make Mom a Bible Cover (shhh!)
= declutter my desk
= plan a menu
= blog about the HMQS – I met people and have a couple of fun purchases
= clean up the house, more and again, really it never ends :)
= finish up another project, and get it in the mail
= get some decent sleep!

I’m really behind in my email – thank you so much for your comments, I read them all as they come in but often don’t have the chance to sit and respond as I would like to. I hope your week is off to a great start-

16 thoughts on “So little time . . .

Kritta22 says:

You are a busy busy woman!!!
    I(‘m just tired from reading it all! :)

Jessica says:

We have birthday season smack dab between Thanksgiving and Christmas in our house…it’s a whirl wind. But it’s loads of fun…enjoy this busy-ness!!

Andrea says:

We have birthday bombardment these next few months now too…. glad you had a lovely mother’s day. Your flowers are beautiful.

MomBrose says:

We are in a busy season too! Thank the Lord it’s only a season, right? :)
    Hope you take time to rest!!

AnnieO says:

Wow, I’m tired already just reading your list–I hope you get the satisfaction of completing them all. Of course, dishes and laundry, they just go around in circles and never end :)

Jaimie says:

I’m so glad you had a fun Mother’s Day and got some new sunglasses :) Looks like a big to-do list and hope you can get it all done with little stress. Have fun in birthday season! (We are also starting that this week – all 4 of our birthdays plus Mother’s and Father’s Day. SO expensive!!!)

aneela says:

Ah! that to do list is definately mum-sized!
    Glad you had a fab Mother’s day, it’s always nice to be appreciated. I loved those HMQS pics, so colourifically amazing!!! My fav has to be the houses one, can’t believe the fabulous needleturning on that one!!

Maria says:

How interesting that we both have such a run of birthdays between mid May and the first of July in our case. The total of special occasions for us to celebrate in this time slot is 9.

Jackie says:

Sounds like you had a great mother’s day! Nice to spend it with the family. But it also sounds like some busy times ahead!! But enjoy the moments.

Paloma says:

wow! busy week ahead of you. I don’t have the birthday list but still my list looks a lot like yours. My sleep is not a sleep, I just pass out every night until someone comes and shakes me in the morning. good luck with your to do list!

audreypawdrey says:

I am glad you had a good Mother’s day! You are going to be so busy, but imagine the satisfaction you will feel accomplishing so much!

another amy says:

I’m glad I’m not the only one with a mega-list. Mine is so long right now, I’m not sure how I’m going to do it all. Including catching-up on email. Eek.

Thanks so much for posting the pictures from the HMQS. WOW! Those are some amazing quilts. I’m going to have a find a way to go next time.

L. Jane E. says:

What beautiful flowers! It sounds like you’ve got a lot going on. Good luck!

Marydon says:

Oh, you are putting me to shame! You are so creative! AND when you are done doing all your organizationals at home, would you please come over & work on mine for awhile? Chuckle! TTFN ~ Marydon

Rebekah says:

good luck with you list! I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day!

Anonymous says:

Was curious about the winners of the online Quilt Show that you had in April…haven’t read about the winners of the prizes….it was a great online show and some great prizes and didn’t want to miss your post of the winners.