What are you working on?

Posted on May 18th, by Amy in work in progress. 13 comments

After a week full of everything but sewing, I’m ready to relax with my sewing machine! We had a great visit with my parents, the girls were especially sad to see them go, but promises of phone calls and more visits have helped.

Yesterday Joe had a day off finally – and we headed for the hills! Well the mountains, really. We headed to Timpanogos for a family hike. We’ve collected two backpack carriers for such occasions, Owen and Sophia were happy to be on our backs and not on the path! There’s tons of trails up there, many still covered in snow, but about a mile in is a beautiful waterfall, bursting with all the melt-off of spring. Wish I had a little camera to have captured it, but sometimes the hike makes it really worth it!

About the sewing — I have cut two projects this morning. Hopefully I will get to at least one today :)
Also, did you know Jackie is podcasting?? I listened to her first one this morning while cutting – it’s fun to get to know her a little more :)

Happy Monday!

13 thoughts on “What are you working on?

Amber says:

Sounds like an amazing hike! Hope you are able to get some sewing in today. I have some Wonderland too and have been itching to make a quilt from it.

Mary says:

I’m doing my granddaughters Happy string flowers quilt from Cindy Carter’s site. Today is her 1st birthday. Looks like you’re doing dresden plates with that wedge template there…

Marydon says:

Staying alive! Oh, sorry .. painting the basement. Chuckle!
    TTFN ~ Marydon

Rebekah says:

sounds like you had a wonderful hike!

I’ve been working on yardwork and a knitted tank (and homework) lately :)

Marrdy says:

Hope you didn’t freeze on the way to Timp.

Tipper says:

The hike sounds so nice :)

Jackie says:

Amy, The hike sounds fantastic! When are kids were smaller we hiked as often as we could. My son used to like to be the “trailblazer”. He was so cute. Still cute just lots bigger. Doesn’t it feel good to get started on a new project? I love that feeling. Thanks for mentioning and listening to my podcast! I am excited about this new venture. I hope I didn’t bore you too much. I would love your feedback and suggestions. Thanks!

Carla says:

Just finished a wristlet for my daughter to go with her professional tote I’m going to make. Finished granddaughter quilt and mailed. Made 5 pincushions. Been busy. Can’t wait to see what you do with that pretty fabric.

metrosupialdesigns says:

My folks have been visiting as well. Was able to finish up some pillows for a Improv Class I’ll be teaching. Now time to catch up on Quilting Bee Blocks!

I love the Momo and have been resisting the temptation.

Melanie says:

Ooo I know just what you mean- I get to the stage where I am more than ready to go to the Lake Distct or the Lancashire hills.

I hope you manage to sew your projects.

Terriaw says:

Your day of hiking sounds fabulous! I miss living in the mountains. I am excited to be working on a string-pieced mini quilt; just need to add some borders and then quilt it. Fun fun!

Grandma Nell says:

I just went to a quilt retreat weekend – sew fun!!! I am working on a lap-sized Tennessee Waltz quilt for a friend who has helped me out a bunch! She is very musical and teaches violin, viola, guitar, etc to many, as well as being a part of the Symphony here in our city in Illinois! The fabrics I’m using are all classical music prints! It’s becoming more beautiful everyday!

I am also working on getting my quilting room ready for my new quilting machine!!!!!!!! Yahoo! I hope to have time to put it up this weekend!

melissa s. says:

your hike sounds wonderful! i’m still working away on my WIPs :-)