Freshcut Pincushion

Posted on May 19th, by Amy in finished project. 30 comments

I took this -

and made it this -
So fun! I love Dresden plate ruler/template thingy! Takes all the mystery out of them :) If you look back at this post I have more information about it, and the pattern I used for the pincushion.

ETA: the link to the pattern is here! I didn’t realize it was hiding :)

My Wonderland fabric just keeps on giving! I promise I didn’t buy that much – just love using up all the little bits :)

This is what Emmalie was working on while I sewed – “I’m organizing for you!” she tells me. I understand where the anal/perfectionist comes from, aahhmm, I just hope she outgrows some of it before it keeps her from enjoying anything less than perfect. Such a sweetie, and all the while soaking up the sewing for the day :)

I hope you are having a great day! Just in case you haven’t seen this –

Go see Dana and you could be the big winner! But first you have to make a quilt :)

Gotta run!
Blessings to you~

30 thoughts on “Freshcut Pincushion

em's scrapbag says:

Really cute pin cushion. Emmalie’s pin cushion is great. What a great little organizer.

SaraRules says:

Emmalie is such a cutie! I still do that to my pin cushions when I’m bored. :) The dresden cushion is so fun and bright! Love it!

Kangaroo says:

how cute!!

Bunny says:

beautiful dresden pincushion. My little girl organized my pins on day too. She is 8. Also One day My father was visiting and He organized my pins and he is over 70.. so…

Happy Cottage Quilter says:

What a cute pincushion! Love your dresden plate.

Jocelyn

Carla says:

That’s pretty. Love the fabrics you used.

amylouwho says:

Love that pincushion! Very cute!

I’m excited about the quilt along! Are you joining in?

Kim says:

That pin cusion is so adorable! Nice way to use up your scraps!

Feedsack Fantasy says:

Darling pincushion. How easy & clever & I love the design & fabrics. TTFN ~ Marydon

CabbageQuilts says:

What a gorgeous, fun pincushion. My 12 y.o son does that to my pincushions, aren’t they funny.

Amy says:

I just had to say that I remember doing this to my mom’s pincushion and I STILL will arrange my pins into zig zags or evenly spaced lines or flowers, etc. when the spirit moves me. And now, my kiddos do the same. I love it!

Jackie says:

OMG, what a great idea for the pincushion!! I love it! The organization of the pins is funny, she made a great design!

Mary on Lake Pulaski says:

Love the pincushion! Isn’t it scary to see your child do something like that! So cute!

Amber says:

Your pin cushion is too cute…aren’t the Dresden plates easier than you thought?! I was like wow – not that bad when I made the one for the quilting bee :-)

Terriaw says:

I have always wanted to make a Dreden plate – what a great way to use it! Those gorgeous fabrics really show well in a Dresden too.

mamaspark says:

I love this pin cushion. Went to the site but didn’t see the pattern. Yours is adorable! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

Amy - Park City Girl says:

Here’s a link to the pattern!

SewAmy says:

your pincushion is sooooo cute.

Priscilla says:

what a lovely pin cushion! I love it.
    Kristina
    priscillacraft.blogspot.com

sewtakeahike says:

Very cute pincushion Amy! That wonderland fabric is soooo fabulous!

I Love Baby Quilts! says:

Love it! My son likes to do my pins in patterns too.

I have hundreds of precut dresden plate pieces that some quilter cut 75 years ago. They are all vintage feedsack and very cute. That’s one of my UFOs for sure!

Michelle says:

Thank you for making it first! Now I can look at yours when I start making mine.

Susan Ramey Cleveland says:

Love your pincushions.

Cassie says:

Love your pincushion, Amy. Emmalie’s work reminds me of a craft I used to do when I was little. We took a bead and a sequin, threaded them onto a pin and then stuck that into a styrofoam shape, side by side until the whole styro was covered. They made great Christmas ornaments. You go, Emmalie.

Take care,
    Cassie

shelia says:

love the pin cushion…so cute!!!!
    and what a great little helper you have :)

Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY says:

Wow, I love these pincushions.

I love pincushions in general too because they’re such easy, quick projects and always look so wonderful.

Nice job on these!

A Spoonful Of Sugar says:

Fabulous pincushions! I have been admiring the dresden plates around lately – this looks to be the perfect project!

Rebekah says:

so cute! I’ve been itching to make some dresden plat blocks

Kari says:

Just stopped by your blog and what to my wondering eyes should appear??? A DARLING pincushion made from my little pattern by you! It is so cute- thank you for featuring it on your blog!

I love it in the MoMo Wonderland fabs- just finished a new pattern in that line! PS they have a new one coming this fall!

Andrea says:

That is so cute! Those wonderland fabrics are so versatile.

And as for Emmalie – I think she’s a budding designer herself. I don’t think it’s “organizing”. I think it’s trying out new patterns on the pincusion :-)