Quilt-along

Posted on May 30th, by Amy in quilt-along. 12 comments

It’s not too late to join in the fun – Dana’s quilt-along is perfect for those of you wanting to learn to quilt! In week two we cut our fabrics into strips getting them ready to sew next week. Here’s my piles:
cut for quilt-along --- check!
I’m so in love with this beautiful fabric! It was a little hard to cut it up but I know the end result will be sooo worth it :)

The flickr group has some great pictures of everyone’s fabric selections and discussion to help answer all your questions. Like I said great for a beginner :)

—–

12 thoughts on “Quilt-along

brown robin says:

wow! I love those color combos! fun to quilt along, isn’t it?

Robin says:

those colors are awesome!! can’t wait to see it finished! I am in the quilt along too, but I’m using the flights of fancy fabric!

amylouwho says:

Love these fabrics too! Is it Tina Givens?

I’m going to cut mine out tonight too!

Terriaw says:

I have been wanting to participate in this quilt along, but haven’t gotten around to cutting my strips yet. I have a pile all picked out! I love the fabrics you chose. They look so pretty in their neat little piles!

Anna Fogg says:

I so LOVE the color combo you’ve picked. Are you making 2? I’m using my stash, mostly batiks. ~anna in md, right near DC (my hometown)

Lonci says:

Hello Amy!I like it your haircut. Happy weekend:)

Sandra @ Pepperberry and Co. says:

Ooh, thanks for the link. I’m really hoping to get into quilting in the next little while so this might be perfect! I’m off to check it out :-)

comfortstitching says:

What a lot of cutting you had to do!!! Such lovely colours.
    Love your new hair do, I’m with you on the colour from a box, more to spend on fabric !!!!

Zarah says:

Looks So yummy! Great photo! :D

2miracles/Tove says:

The fabric colors are so yummy together I can’t way to see how it comes together.

Rebekah says:

yummy fabrics! I might have to scrounge around my collection to see if I have enough yardage in my stash to make one along with the group

nicolette says:

The fabrics look promising! Can’t wait to see the first blocks!