Happy Day!

Posted on June 13th, by Amy in bag. 18 comments

Earlier this week I made use of the gift certificate my sister gave me for my birthday. Isn’t she sweet!?
I’ve been watching Wildwood since Market, loving the cool colors and graphic design. The bag I have loved for a while and so I thought I would do a crisp, modern bag – because you know I need another! :) No chance for a giveaway with this one!

————————————–

The yard sale this morning was decent, slight chance of rain for the morning, but I did manage to unload $60 worth of stuff. Pretty good considering I don’t hang on to much for long – no space to collect here :) The last hour has been full of big lightening and crazy winds – my girls are busy inside with a fort today. I even moved the couches around for better fort building!

I hope you are having a good weekend! I need to get back to my quilt-along quilt, hopefully I will have a top before the weekend is over :)

18 thoughts on “Happy Day!

Trudi says:

good luck with the Quilt Along, it's looking gorgeous!

(the thunder & lightening is due here monday!)

Tipper says:

Love the fabric you picked out-very neat. Glad the girls are enjoying their fort. I used to let mine move the couches too.

roseylittlethings says:

What a nice sister! The bag will be beautiful! My dinning room is wall to wall quilt squares laid out, sewing time!

Tales From My Empty Nest says:

Love your fabrics and the bag pattern. Can't wait to see the finished product. Love & blessings from NC!

Jessica says:

What a great sister you have!

Terriaw says:

Can't wait to see that bag in your new and lovely fabrics! I remember building forts in the house – sounds like fun! I know what you mean about not being a saver. I am giving a bunch of stuff to my brother for his garage sale since my niece is raising money for camp this summer.

CabbageQuilts says:

Can't wait to see your bag made up in wildwood…isn't it a gorgeous range? Have fun with your quiltalong. xo

Amanda says:

The bag will look great in those great fabrics.

Thimbleanna says:

Oooh, yummy new fabrics — that will be a fun project!

amandajean says:

hurray for garage sale cash…are you gonna buy fabric with it by chance???

em's scrapbag says:

Aren't sisters wonderful. I'm looking forward to seeing your new bag. Glad the rain waited so you were able to make some money at your garage sale.

Rebekah says:

that flea market bag is a great pattern! I need to make another one.

Your new fabric acquisition is so pretty!

Marrdy says:

I miss the forts inside all over the couches days. And when is this rain going to stop? Wednesday? I think I'll wait to see if I really believe that!

Paloma says:

isn't it lovely to have your children all day with you?? The mess really doesn't matter much. I'm loving it, ans I hope I still say the same at the end of August…
    Lovely fabrics by the way.

CJ says:

I've made that pattern! Your bag is going to be great in those fabrics!!!

Heather says:

I love the Wildwood as well – I actually chose the Myrtle line to use for my quilt in the Quilt Along – can't wait till it arrives.

Jean says:

This will be so cute. Can't wait to see it!

Kim says:

I'm using Wildwood for my Quilt Along quilt, and you now have my two favorites out of the 12 I bought! I can't wait to see your bag!