15 : : Studio Blog Tour

Posted on July 15th, by Amy in photographs. 22 comments

What you don’t see it!? Well it’s lunch time :) My “studio” is put away!
My sewing machine is tucked away on the floor.

My fabrics safely stowed away from grubby fingers :)
That chest holds fabrics, batting, interfacing, rulers, the cutting mat is behind it, and my tools/notion box is on top! That is my computer chair on the right too :)
When nap time rolls around, and the girls go out to play – I pull everything back out again! The iron sits atop the yellow shelf and the board to the right of it. There’s speakers on the shelf too – always some tunes on while quilting :)

Kristina wants to know–
– What do you use your space for?

My space is the kitchen table, so it has many uses! We eat 3-5 meals a day here (4 kids), play games, and color. When all that is cleaned up I pull out my machine and ironing board to get my creative therapy in!

– What is your favorite thing about your space?

My favorite thing is the large table space I have to work with, and the availability to my kids. They are always close by and I can see/hear what is going on :)

– What struggles do you have with your space?

My biggest struggle is that it is not my own space, I have to be patient, and I have to clean up really well – every time. Someday ~ sigh~

– When do you use your space?

I use my space whenever I can squeak out a few minutes! I tend to make small goals for myself that way I’m sure to accomplish something. Naptime, bedtime, occasionally morning cartoons :)

– Share an organizational tip that works for you.

Everything is put away, but not necessarily organized, but having the container with the handle for all my notions/tools has been a huge help. I know eventually I will find the needle I need in there :)

Click the button and play along! Thanks for hosting Kristina!

PS – Doll Quilt Swap is open for sign-ups until they reach 200 participants – run over and get the details!
—————————————-

22 thoughts on “15 : : Studio Blog Tour

Michelle says:

You are definitely dedicated to your art! I don't know if I could clean up every time. What kind of Janome do you have?

roseylittlethings says:

Wow, I am amazed at the amount you accomplish without your own space!

Kritta22 says:

You are a superstar to clean up everytime!! really!!
    I wish I could do the doll swap but I'm moving in 18 days….no time. Next time though…i hope! Will you let me know?

Kaye says:

My goodness, that must be hard, my machine is out all the time. The area is for ME and my Quilting and no one touches it. I am very fortunate. I admire your patience in putting it away, taking it out etc., but then we gotta do, what we gotta do!

kwiltmakr says:

You do have a nice big space there. And who would mind sharing a place with those sweet faces. The little ones are only little just a short time, lots of sewing time will come later, enjoy your babies.

Jean says:

Great use of your space!

Blue is Bleu says:

My sister's visiting and she's taken over my studio because it's is where our guest bed is. So I've been relegated to the kitchen table lol

Mary says:

Oh I remember the days I had no time to quilt unless I stayed up all night. Time that was taken up by dragging the stuff all out… Not anymore. I took over the whole basement when the kids left. I'm amazed even more now that you quilted the last monster quilt on your DSM.

Jackie says:

That used to be my type of space years ago. I kept on dreaming and working hard and now I finally have a space of my own, the way that I want it, and love it!! I can now say mine, mine, mine… with a big smile on my face. Family is still allowed to visit, LOL! Keep on dreaming.

Andrea says:

As much of a hassle it must be to set up/take down, etc each time, it must be working for you because you create so many wonderful projects all the time!

This is unrelated to the sewing, but I LOVE your kitchen table top!

Terriaw says:

That was really fun – thanks for the tour! I loved the interview too. Your methods and organization seem so practical, which is very admirable.

amylouwho says:

Love it! Thanks for sharing. I'm in a similar situation. It's fun to imagine you sitting there quilting away.

While Nick's been away we haven't eaten much at the table. So I don't always have to clean up, but it gets really messy too!

Granny Lyn says:

Oh, how I remember those days of sewing in spurts, and putting it all away for dinner. I have my own room for sewing now, but I would gladly trade it for little ones to fill those bedrooms!!!

Kristina says:

You are AMAZING! What a great post…thanks so much for particpating:) looking into the mini quilt swap…

Cheryl Arkison says:

Oh, that looks so familiar! The little one in our house has taken to playing with the foot pedal all the time now – when it isn't attached to the machine!

Cheryl Arkison says:

Cheryl Arkison says:

Cheryl Arkison says:

Cheryl Arkison says:

Tipper says:

So neat to see where you create all the masterpieces : )

~Bren~ says:

Very creative…I have had my sewing area at the kitchen table too. Also in the corner of the bedroom…the basement…the spare bedroom…where ever I could get it!!

nicolette says:

Your quilting adventures become even more special now that I’ve seen the space you work in! You are a dedicated quilter!