18 : : Inspiration is Everywhere

Posted on July 18th, by Amy in photographs. 15 comments

Kelly asked a while back . . . “Where does your creative inspiration come from?”

If it’s too little you can click to enlarge :)

—————————————-

15 thoughts on “18 : : Inspiration is Everywhere

kwiltmakr says:

I have had a lot of inspiration and encouragement from blogs. Not only that but I have learned so much from reading other people's blogs and how they do things.

blushing rose says:

You all give me the inspiration & encouragement to WRITE CHECKS, which I am very 'talented' at doing. Chuckle! TTFN ~Marydon

Letterpress says:

Total ditto-ness (is that a word–I just made it up!) with the other comments and bravo for writing it out and letting us see it.

And sometimes, I think about that saying "Too many irons in the fire put out the fire," meaning sometimes we need to go fallow, to lay low, to let the silence creep in and soften our edges and mend our synapses, to hang out at the pool with a good magazine and balony sandwiches before we can go at it again. Esp. if it's summer and all the kids are underfoot!

peaknits says:

I'll be adding you to my own list! Can't wait to start some half square triangles monday!:)

henny says:

Amy, thanks for sharing the list.
    I'm new in sewing & quilting. Btw, from your list only quilting bees I've never been into. Is it different from swap?
    I don't know with others, but for me sometimes too much see other people works on blogs, flickr, etc made me feel like standing in the crowd without knowing what to do. I need the "silence" to settle down for knowing what I really want to do.

Jackie says:

Wonderful places to get your inspiration from. Thanks for sharing!

nicolette says:

Wonderful list!

Tipper says:

Yep-I agree inspiration is lurking everywhere : )

mommymae says:

speaking of inspiration in the floor…i have a plan to try a quilt from the landing at my old house. i'll try it once i'm better settled and have all of my sewing stuff handy, which may be when we buy a house. i'm excited about the prospect, though.

Cheryl Arkison says:

Also on the floor I would include hotel carpets. Boring conferences always lead to at least 1 good quilt design.

Cheryl Arkison says:

Cheryl Arkison says:

Cheryl Arkison says:

Cheryl Arkison says:

amandajean says:

i love your list. mine would be very similar to that. :)