A Notion or Two

Posted on August 7th, by Amy in a Notion or Two. 20 comments

I have sent out fabrics for this month! Included with the fabrics is the little bits of embroidery I was working on last month. Part of a recently blessing was a group of large floral fabrics – that inspired all the little floral embroidery.

I sent the packets with little instructions, 12 1/2″ block and use the embroidery – I love when the fabrics are able to inspire me and I can take off from there. Hopefully that is the case for the rest of the group this month! I’m very excited to see what comes back to me later in the month!

I hope you have a great weekend, we are headed to Costco today, and hope to have a relaxed weekend around the house. Joe had a great birthday – thanks for all the birthday wishes!!

—————————————-

20 thoughts on “A Notion or Two

Thimbleanna says:

What a fun idea to send an embroidery as part of the block — I can't wait to see what you end up with!

roseylittlethings says:

Ooh, that will be fun to see what comes back!

Amber says:

I smiled when I got mine – sneaky girl! I can't wait to figure out what to do and see everyone else's blocks! We need to go to Costco too!

Cassie @ You Go Girl says:

Can't wait to see what you get back, Amy. You know how I love a good doodle stitch. Very clever.

Happy Weekend,
    Cassie

Andrea says:

Oh, this looks like fun! Can't wait to see what comes back!

Jackie says:

Anxious to see the blocks come back!

Karen says:

Hi A, your packets look like fun;) Can't wait to see how they all turn out. My pattern arrived yesterday…can't wait to start sewing…I'll post pics when I get it done;) THANKS!!! Looks like Costco's gonna be crowded;) Have a great weekend;)

Jean says:

Those little embrodery pieces are so sweet, they will love them!

BaileyGirl5 says:

What a great idea! I love embroidery and I just started quilting so I'm always looking for ways to incorporate embroidery. The zig zag is going to be a present for my niece so I'll embroider her name and the year somewhere on the quilt top. Maybe I'll add a little flower too!

Terriaw says:

These embroidery packets look so adorable. What a cool idea to put them in a kit like that. I love the little embroidered scenes too, like hand drawings. So charming!

jacquie says:

you must be so excited about this! i can't wait to see what you get back!!

Jane says:

Hi~! I'm new here and love your blog. Such a clever idea to include those embroidered designs. I just love them! I will be checking back to see what this quilt becomes!

Michelle says:

Your embroidery work is amazing. It will be fun to see what happens with the blocks. Happy belated birthday to Joe.

Granny Lyn says:

What adorable little packages!! I can't wait to see what grows from these little seeds…???

Tipper says:

Amy-I love your designs-the embroidery is so neat! It reminds me of the fabrics Granny had in my room when I was little.

Ryan says:

Love those embroidery designs Amy! Did you come up with them or did you find a pattern to follow?

They are very neat.

Ryan

comfortstitching.typepad.co.uk says:

What an inspired idea to include embroidery as part of your bee pack. Must have taken you a while to stitch up though, they all look beautiful!

SewAmy says:

oh Amy, your embroidery has turned out so cute. I can't wait to see what your group does with it.

STEPHANIE. says:

I am loving this! just darling. :)

Rebekah says:

this is such a great idea for a quilt bee! I think I might steal this for my month (aug 2010)…I should have enough time to embroider 12 things by then :)