Getting There

Posted on August 20th, by Amy in Doll Quilt Swap, work in progress. 24 comments

Hi there! Just a quick post to check in with all of you. This has been one of those weeks – you know the kind. When nothing is normal, and finding motivation is a challenge. Little Sophia seems to have a flu bug, and is currently asleep on the couch. I’m praying that it doesn’t spread – say a little prayer for me too – k?

Yesterday I finished up my DQS7 quilt top – I really like it! Now to decide how to quilt.

Also from the list, the sample bag is half complete, and I’m half way around Sophia’s quilt binding. I think I will go sit for a bit more with it now.

Many blessings to you today ~
—————————————-

Email me

24 thoughts on “Getting There

Purple Quilter Queen says:

Hope you little one is better soon and doesn't get the other 3 sick. Your quilt is beautiful. I love how the white just makes all the colors pop! Jenn

Vicki says:

What a pretty quilt! I really like it. hope your girl feels better soon.

RED PEPPER QUILTS says:

What a lovely quilt top. Very modern and fresh! Blessing to you and all of your family.

Rita

Terriaw says:

That doll quilt is adorable! Can't wait to see how you end up quilting it. I still can't figure out what to make for my partner in the summertime mini quilt swap. I will get inspired one of these days!

Cassie @ You Go Girl says:

The flu bug has been here. No FUN! Praying for good health for the rest of your family and speedy recovery for Sophia~ Cassie

sewtakeahike says:

I just love that pattern Amy, and your fabric choices are just amazing!

Jackie says:

Very, very cute!

Danielle says:

So cute! I love anything made with Swanky! It's one of my favorites from Moda! Well, I love all of Moda's fabrics, but I REALLY love that one.

Emma says:

Great quilt, I love the fabric range you used!

Socal says:

girl! I love being able to read your posts each day. I find all my joy about you through your blog. Don't stop! I LOVE YOU!

Mel says:

I love the fabrics with the crisp white!

Can't wait to see how you will quilt it!

Jenn says:

This quilt and all the colors you chose is really beautiful! Where did you get the pattern? I would LOVE to make one!

foodmathquilts says:

I love the quilt! I'm actually working on a doll quilt today too … hopeing to join in on the next swap.
    My favourite part is how you set the blocks, very creative and it really makes the pattern special.
    Sarah

Jackie Russell says:

Love the doll quilt. Hope the little one is feeling better soon.

Cristin says:

I'll be praying that nasty flu bug doesn't spread! No fun at all!

And that is a GORGEOUS quilt top! Is it a pattern you're following? I really love it!

amy smart says:

So pretty, Amy! I love the colors.

Good luck with a sick little one. I always hate the dread of everyone getting sick. A lot of the time they don't, so here's hoping! (And praying!) Good luck!

Thimbleanna says:

Sorry to hear about Sophia. At least it looks like you're getting some pretty quilting done while tending to her!

kwiltmakr says:

I too have had one of those weeks. I like the blocks in your quilt. I made that block up once in a quilt and loved it. It sure works up quick. Hope your daughter is better soon.

Mary on Lake Pulaski says:

The doll quilt is just adorable Amy! I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled with it.

Rita says:

The quilt top is awesome. Do you have more design like this?

RITA

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

acecraig100 says:

Very cute! Love the colors.

amylouwho says:

That's the kind of week I had, which explains why i am just now commenting on this post. Hope it got better! Mine did! :)

Rebekah says:

this quilt is gorgeous! I've got my DSQ7 quilt basted and ready to be quilted and bound tonight…this swap has been so much fun

Sheree says: