Sew-n-Tell

Posted on August 28th, by Amy in a Notion or Two, bag, sew-n-tell. 30 comments

Happy Friday! My friend Amy and I decided to save up our finished projects for a Friday reveal – she has a Mr. Linky up for you to join in and share your finishes with the rest of us too!

Not that I would have been able to post anything earlier! We have had a busy week getting ready for school . . . well child checks, immunizations, school shopping and trying to sleep and sew a bit too :)

My first finish is the sample bag for my LQS – Seasons of the Home – I should have taken a picture of it hanging with my pattern at the shop when I dropped it off today. Next time! I had the kids with me and we were on our way to the outlets for new shoes :)
The fabric line is Lily Pond by In The Beginning – It’s cute and really soft!

With the extra backing/binding fabric from my zig-zag quilt I made a quick skirt for Ella. Great fit with no need to alter it for her! It goes past her knee too, so it will fit for a while – hopefully :)
Hem detail — This skirt was so fast! I could have been done in an hour, if I had elastic on hand (never), I used princess seams to hide all the unfinished bits and the hem is a band added with princess seams, and top stitiching to finish it off nicely. Maybe a tutorial is in order – what do you think?

Finally – A Notion Or Two blocks for Sarah! I managed to squeak out 6 blocks from the fabric that she sent -
Aren’t they fun!? 6″ squares using 1 – 1 1/2 ” strips – can’t wait to see this one come together.

So now it’s your turn to sew-n-tell! Visit Amy and link to your recent finish, and maybe just maybe we can all be motivated to finish more together next week!

I still have a mega to-do list that needs to get cleaned up, not sure how the weekend will go, but I’m hopeful :)

—————————————-

Email me

30 thoughts on “Sew-n-Tell

Fiesta says:

Lovely things on your blog Amy.

Jenny says:

Really love those string blocks.

Trudi says:

Some great finishes Amy! Love the bag and those blocks. I'm not finishing anything at the moment :-( still recovering from surgery – but soon I hope. Have a great weekend!

Jackie says:

Love them all! But I have to say the blocks are just my colors and remind me of my "Fabulous" quilt.

Kandra says:

Those blocks are so great! She had some great choices for fabric.

I seriously think you need a tutorial for the skirt :D My daughter would love one.

Terriaw says:

Looks like you have had a busy week with lots of fun projects. What a great way to share your accomplishments from your to do list. I am really digging those string -pieced blocks! Oh yeah, I don't know how to make a princess seam, so would love to learn.

mom says:

I am loving those 6"strip blocks! I really want to try this as I think it would make such a fun quilt :-)

Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

roseylittlethings says:

Great projects! I especially love the string blocks, I am so dieing to make some. Not allowing myself to start any new projects until we get moved.

amylouwho says:

You've put me to shame! Me and my measley pillow. But hey – I got one thing done! I love your bag, I want to make the skirt and I need to see if I can squeak out 2 more blocks too!

STEPHANIE. says:

darling skirt. :)

Cheryl Arkison says:

A tutorial would certainly help me know what a princess seam is!

Jackie Russell says:

A tutorial is always in order. Cute skirt and I love the colors in the blocks.

Lee says:

would love a tutorial on the making of this skirt. What is a princess seam?

Sheree says:

Everything is just lovely, Amy!!!!!! My kids went back to school on Monday…what a week! Good luck getting the last things done before your kids head back.

Hugs,
    Sheree

em's scrapbag says:

Love the bag. Those fabrics are great! Ella must love the skirt it is adorable. And the string blocks are absolutely fun.

kwiltmakr says:

Cute bag, cute skirt and I love the blocks. That fabric is great.

Mindy says:

Not sure I'll ever have anything to "sew and tell", but I love Ella's skirt, especially the seaming!

peaknits says:

What a great idea and a great way to motivate people to get some FO's:) I looked at them all – how fun! I am "this" close to getting the binding on my ORBC zigzag – which is probably a good thing since you are handing off the baton on Tuesday:) Thanks for your guidance!!

Kristen says:

so pretty!!

trisha too says:

wonderful things you have made!! all the fabric is SOOO pretty . . .

trisha too says:

oh my gosh, i sound like Yoda.

*sigh*

Lynne S of Oz says:

Nice projects! I like the blocks :-)

Jenn says:

I'm really enjoying this pink/orange/peachy/salmon phase you seem to be in now….at least with quilts….SO PRETTY!!! You make me want to run to my sewing room and get started on something new!

Sew It Up! says:

What a cute skirt. My daughter loves these types as long as they go below her knees. I'm looking forward to see what those blocks will look like when you piece them all together.

Tipper says:

Love love the skirt!

free indeed says:

Well, a tute on princess seams perhaps? I never heard of that before….
    I am still slowly plugging away at the zigzag quilt…I didn't quit….I'm working on all the hsts right now. I will post to flker once I get the top done..if the site is still open for postings.

Rebekah says:

the string blocks are so cute! I would love to make a string quilt one day, but the ironing is holding me back :)

Thimbleanna says:

Great projects Amy! Love the pretty bag and the topstitching on the skirt is adorable — perfect for your little sweetie!

amandajean says:

that is a cute skirt! and i love those string blocks, too. six blocks for a bee! wow…you and john…can not be stopped! :)

WendyLou says:

Ummmm … yeah. Definitely a tutorial!! 'Cause I'm wondering what a princess seam is ;-) And I LOVE the idea of topstitching at the seam. May have to use that one tomorrow …