September Snow!

Posted on September 30th, by Amy in photographs. 31 comments

Over last weekend I took a few pictures of the fall colors on the mountain side – I love this time of year! I’m so glad I got to take them because today it’s snowing, and most of the leaves will probably be gone. These pics have a date stamp on them – I don’t know how to take them off of the little camera :(
We are having spaghetti and homemade bread for dinner! The perfect finish for a cold day :)

I hope you are warm and loved where you are~

—————————————-

Shop with Amy
Email me

31 thoughts on “September Snow!

Terriaw says:

Spaghetti? That is seriously my all-time favorite meal. Love your pictures of those fall colors – the reds really show up. Oh yeah, I love snow so it's fun seeing it, but darn, isn't it just a little early? Hope you enjoyed your dinner!

Mindy says:

Beautiful Fall colors! I can't wait until our leaves start turning here in CA! Thanks for sharing a bit of Fall and enjoy the delicious sounding dinner.

Natalia says:

I have to agree, the mountains are gorgeous! I was driving down provo canyon on Saturday just staring at the beautiful colors!

Kirsten says:

Be glad that you are into fall already! Those of us in Arizona are still experiencing triple digits…I love your amazing pictures of the fall colors!

Jackie says:

Unbelievable, it is still September! Stay warm!

Lee says:

our fall was real short too. might be snow this weekend, but I really hope not. time for some warm winter meals..no more grilling!

Cheryl Arkison says:

Snow? Wow, I always thought we were early in October.
    PS We had spaghetti tonight too! With homemade roasted tomatoe sauce.

Sarah Pead says:

Snow already? Holy cow!

Blue Is Bleu says:

The leaves here are turning too and it's so beautiful… thankfully no snow yet!

Leslie says:

oh my goodness….snow!!! that sounds so perfect. what a beautiful view you have where you live

randi says:

Snow already? That just seems wrong.

I am hoping that the snow stays away until at least November. Crossing fingers…..:)

kwiltmakr says:

Beautiful fall colors. You should take a photo with all the snow and the colorful trees. My dad took a picture once with the snow on the trees as they were just at their peak, it was very pretty.

Jaimie says:

WOW, Amy! Those are breath-taking!!! I am so jealous!! It is still pretty hot here – in the upper 70's – and I am just awaiting the fall winds to come. I hope you enjoyed your dinner – sounded yummy!!

AnnieO says:

Sheesh! That is a brief fall :) We had a "sundowner" today on the SoCalif coast with higher temps in the late afternoon as the sun went down and warm wind coming from east. Someday I hope it rains again….

Enjoy your fall meal!

Trudi says:

Snow already? Is that normal weather for your area? Our trees are just turning here, and we have recently enjoyed a little weak late sunshine, but the rain is coming and warnings of frost approaching! Brrrr, spaghetti sounds perfect! Enjoy!

shiny4444 says:

I love those autumn colours. Our trees are pretty impressive – must get out with my camera too. Frost forecast for tonight but no sign of snow thank goodness, although I love it if I can stay in and sew by the fire! Must move some plants in from the garden :)

Thimbleanna says:

Ohmygosh, it seems so EARLY! Good luck with winter LOL!

Jenn says:

Beautiful pictures! The spaghetti sounds so cozy!

jlk says:

Fall does not last long in Utah! I remember waking up in September/October to all of a sudden have snow on the mountains. I miss it!

Jackie Russell says:

Pretty pictures of your fall colors. You can keep the snow. The homemade bread sounds amazing.

Janis says:

Amy, you live in such a beautiful place! Can't believe it's snowing though . . . can I come to supper, I love spaghetti too.

Thanks for your comment and your prayers for my cousin Lisa. It means so much to me. (And I know God listens to you.) :)

amy smart says:

Wow. Pretty, pretty pictures. Love the one of the snow on the back of Timp. I saw it from the front. :) So glad we drove the canyons on Monday!

Sherri says:

The pictures are so gorgeous! I really appreciate your sharing them…we don't have such beautiful leaves with gorgeous colors here!

Andrea says:

That's so beautiful!! No snow here yet, but we had frost, and the winter coats are out. Hope you're having a fantastic week…

Sew It Up! says:

You say snow and I say shorts! Last couple of days it's been 100 degrees and today it's finally cooling down to high 80's. But I am so jealous, you have snow. Enjoy the weather!!

Candi says:

*is jealous* we don't have any views like that here in southern New Jersey. It's so beautiful.

Jeannette says:

Now there are some inspiring color combinations for your quilt projects…course your plate of spaghetti probably was too. Snow flurries in a hurry to bring winter into view..

Rhondi says:

The photo of the beautiful colors on the hills is wonderful, but snow!! I'm glad I live in NC!
    I added your quilt festival button to my side bar. I just tried it now but when I click onit it takes me to your most recent post not the one about the actual event.

Aunt Spicy says:

Gorgeous photos…makes me really, really miss the west!

Jenean says:

Wow! These photos are gorgeous!! It is so lovely there!

[...] of fall, and the bright colors as the leaves change. I’ve posted about them before, here and here – there’s some beautiful views of our valley in there [...]