Wishes

Posted on October 12th, by Amy in Me. 31 comments

I do my best to be content with what I have each day, and not covet. But some days it is SO hard!

Here’s a brutally honest picture for you — my computer/desk space.I’ve been spending so much time here – I need to purge again! One of my wishes is a netbook, so I can sit on the couch and browse the quilt festival. Not to mention orchestrate it :) Today I’m feeling a little under the weather with a head cold – making it even more desirable.

My other wish is lots of Amy Butler Love! Dresses, quilts, bags – I would love to make it all with a bit of this fabric – I love the depth of color and those flowers are so fabulous!

So I just wanted to share before I imploded :) I’m going to keep wishing – do you have any wishes? I’d love to know!

Blessings -

—————————————-
Shop with Amy
Email me

Bookmark and Share

31 thoughts on “Wishes

Vicki says:

Thanks so much for the Quilt Festival! I'm enjoying all the quilts so much. Life is pretty good here. I wish I could get rid of some warts on fingers in my household. Ew. I'm wishing for a new sewing machine, too, but I think that will actually happen in the next few months.

Becky says:

Hi Amy! Wish upon a Quilt guided me to your lovely blog. Wow! Am I impressed!

I am having a blast checking out all the beautiful quilts in the Festival.

Oh yeah, I wish for lots of things but mostly for more creative time. Need to get off my buns and hop to it!

PatinWA says:

Amy, I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one with areas like your computer desk (my dining room, my crafting space, my family room…)

live a colorful life says:

Oh please don't implode. But I totally understand the feeling…I want to get into my sewing room and clean.up. Will that make me more productive? I don't know. Maybe. It's so hard to find time…

The quilt festival is fabulous. Thanks again!

Feel better.

littlewoodbird says:

Hi Amy – I have absolutely loved the quilt festival! Thanks so much for putting it all together! I hope your head cold clears up soon!

Yeah – I've had a similar day, wishing for things I don't have… Like a studio… We have a tiny house – so its not possible now. But we'll be moving to Tanzania in a year or so and the house we'll have there will probably be bigger… Anyway – that's what I wish for! Otherwise, life is very good! :)
    Laura

Roslyn says:

I just posted the link to my Quilt Festival entry my NYB stash quilt.
    Roslyn from AZ & CO.
    I entered in the last online festival, it was fun to see lots of other entries.

SewCalGal says:

Of all people, I think you deserve a netbook too!

Thanks for hosting the Fall Bloggers quilt festival. Great fun!

SewCalGal

Jillicious says:

Wish Upon a Quilt has an offer I couldn't refuse, although I have checked out your blog many times, I have always left without leaving a comment. This time with the contest to win a pattern AND fabric, I knew I had to leave a comment. Love your fabrics, your great ideas, and I am glad to see your are normal too, with the cup of old coffee sitting in your office.(Sometimes there are a few of those left hanging around here at the end of the day!) Keep up the inspiring work!

Lisa says:

I wish for a real sewing space, not the kitchen table. Although it forces me to pick up after myself, but that's time I could spend getting a few more stitches in!

Judy says:

I wish you get what you wish for. I want a apple notebook, so I can watch tv and scan the web at the same time. Right now tv and computer are in separate rooms. boo! I would also like oodles of fab fabric. So really, I'm just like you except I have a nice organized workspace.
    (pause)
    Hohohohohoho hahahahha *snort*
    Not really and I would *never* post a picture of mine, so you is brave!

Kim says:

I wish I have room to organize my sewing and craft stuff so I can see at a glance what I need.

Thanks for having the quilt festival! It's been fun looking at all the beautiful quilts.

Kim says:

My wish is for you to feel well again! Thanks for the quilt festival, I've enjoyed following along.

Jeannette says:

So let's step back and take a look at command central…think of all that you accomplish from there…amazing.

CA FROM SLC says:

Your stacks seem so neat compared to my stacks! My wish is that I someday feel brave on these blogs. I'm never quite sure how to link and all that. Haven't put a quilt up yet! But it has been a blast looking at everyone's quilts! Thank you and feel better!

Janet Best says:

I am so enjoying looking at the beautiful quilts in the Fall Quilt Festival! If you are thinking about imploding, Amy, I should have imploded long ago! I have my "stuff" everywhere–and I do mean everywhere! My husband even boxed up the bulk of my fabric and moved it to our garage since our storage space in our house is so limited. That means I really don't know what I have now (worse than when I had it piled here, there, and everywhere inside the house). Oops, maybe this means I already have imploded???!!!
    Love your blog and all your creations! Thanks for sharing!
    best3sons@insightbb.com

Rachel Locke says:

I wish for an actual sewing space.(not in my closet). A sewing machine that isn't held together with tape. And a purple MACbook.

Hope you feel better soon.

Victoria says:

My goodness, looks like my command central! Was just wishing today for a laptop, too, and a whole room for my very own studio space would be a dream come true! Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous says:

I love the honest pictures! What fun but most of all I love your blog!
    claudiagraham@charter.net

Cynthia says:

Thank you Amy for doing such a fantastic job with this. I don't know how you find the time to do everything. Thank you for sharing what your life is like.

henny says:

Amy, thanks for doing terrific event for us!
    Love you honest pic :D
    My room is also in a mess when I'm in good creativity mood.

Beana @ Bean Circus says:

Well it's not sewing related…but I'm wishing for either another dining room chair…or a larger table! We currently have 3 chairs (only 2 actually match) and a highchair. Since the baby is now eating solids, she ends up eating in my lap. Messy and squirmy. I need to get my toddler out of the highchair…but she has no chair to sit in. LOL

Anonymous says:

I dont know how this thing works but the best quilts are Ritacor and Sheril Drummond !!!! Gorgeous work…

Lara says:

Thank you so much for organising the quilt festival Amy! I am loving every minute of it – hopefully next year I'll have a completed quilt to include!!

My biggest wish this past week was for this little girl to be bought back safely to her family

NZ has been gripped by this story and I am just so saddened that she was not returned safely… It has made me appreciate my boys even more.

Candied Fabrics says:

Of course lara's wish is the one we all hope comes true (along with so many others…)

However, I TOO wish for a netbook so I could sit on my chaise next to my hubby for some quality TV husband/wife action…and still get to surf the net and get caught up on all my blog reading ;-)

We a psychic twins – i also posted about my messy workspace just..yesterday…the day before? It's all a blur, I've got a big show coming up this weekend!

bonniesboyds says:

I'm glad to know someone else has a computer "situation" the same as I do! Also the laundry! Love all the pictures – with I could have gone to market, but…….

Rebekah says:

your desk looks like how my head feels like right now!

Hope you have some rest, relaxation and reorganization time in your future :)

Stacy (S.E.W.Butterfly) says:

Looks like my 'creative area'! I try not to covet, as well. But, the thrift and antique shops call my name! ;D

I'd love to have a full bedroom for all of my machines, fabrics, yarn, etc.

Tipper says:

Wishes-more storage : ) But mostly-I'm thankful for the wonderful life I have.

sewtakeahike says:

Love it Amy!!! My life and workspace is not so neat and tidy and perfect either. Thank-you for always being inspiring, cheerful and happy even when there are things you'd rather have a little different in your life! Thank-you also for your sweet comment on my string quilt. I've missed you too!!

amandajean says:

i try very hard not to covet, too. somedays it's harder than others. i think today the top of my list would be A. a visit to a denyse schmidt workshop or B. a fat quarter bundle of good folks fabric (so i could make a quilt similar to house on hill road's version.)

amylouwho says:

I have lots of wishes. Too many to bore you with probably. I wish I could get a decent night's sleep so that I wasn't so tired! I wish a magic organization fairy would come to my house and throw out what I really don't need and find a home for everything else. Is that too much to ask?