I Am Thankful : : 16

Posted on October 31st, by Amy in Thankful. 23 comments

Today is one of those days that started out rough, and has had a hard time gaining momentum — I need to remember to be thankful.

I am thankful for -

- my handy husband, who can fix the dishwasher
- healthy children
- blue skies and sunshine, even though it is cold
- good coffee
- my mom – Happy Birthday mom! – she always encourages me in my creative endeavors
- finding solace with my creativity
- my functioning washer/dryer, to clean all the wet towels

You are welcome to join me in being thankful! I would love to know the blessings in your life – leave a comment and let me know :) Or post your own list.

—————————————-
Shop with Amy
Email me

Bookmark and Share

23 thoughts on “I Am Thankful : : 16

trisha too says:

my list is a lot like yours, but it's not my mama's birthday, and my husband isn't handy, BUT he can hire it done!!

good appliances are truly a blessing.

blushing rose says:

Happy birthday to Mother!

I am thankful for ~
    ~being alive
    ~showered with blessings
    ~a loving DH who is handy-dandy
    ~my unwavering faith

BOO-tea-FuLl Halloween. TTFN ~Marydon

Marissa says:

I am thankful for
    *nap time, when my two youngest nap at the same time!
    *a clean bathroom
    *happy kids
    *and time to sew!

Happy Halloween!

Kaye says:

I am thankful to be Alive, for my Hubby of 50 years who is also my Best Friend. I thank God for the creativity he has given to me.,for my 5 children & their spouses and my 10 Grandchildren. I am thankful for my friends old and new and may God Bless all my Blogging Friends.

Trudi says:

I am thankful for an improving health, a partner who reminds to smile and see the fun in life, healthy happy children who grow stronger as individuals each day, and the laundry is done before the rain arrived :o) Happy Halloween, Hope your day picks up, hugs

Vicki says:

Happy Birthday, Amy's mom! My mom's birthday is tomorrow!

I'm thankful for health insurance and a very $$-savvy husband. And my sweet kiddos.

Michelle says:

Amy, we all need to stop each and every day to give thanks to God for all our blessings, we have so much to be thankful for….thank you for this little reminder today, I think all my prayers were petitions today and I need to go back with some "giving thanks", you are right on, as always.

live a colorful life says:

I always appreciate it when you do your thankful posts, because it makes me stop and think. I'm thankful for a handy husband who is my best friend and has always been my creative supporter, and I try to be the same for him, as he is very creative also. He has been a good "creative supporter" role model to our son, who in turn is very supportive of our daughter-in-law, because I guess he figures, "Uh, yeah, why WOULDN'T I be supportive? Isn't every husband??"

Back to the topic: I'm thanksful for darling grandchildren who always bring a smile to my face, even on the worst days.

I'm thankful for good health. My best friend is struggling with cancer so is something I think about a lot.

I'm thankful for my blogging friends.

Carolyn says:

What a beautiful post. I'm thankful for so much right now, I truly feel blessed.
    I'm thankful for:
    -A son who has become a fine, gainfully employed adult.

-A daughter who has learned to stand up for herself.

-A second daughter, who has learned learned to stand up for others,

-A husband, who supports me and encourages me to be myself,

-A safe home, which allows me to open the doors to others who do not have one,

-A blessed life.

Thank you for helping me take stock of my blessings!

mom says:

I am thankful for a husband who has taken the children on an overnight outing an allowed me some quiet time at home! It was wonderful :-) And I'm thankful they will all be home any moment to chatter about their adventure!

Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

Erin says:

Too many to list them all:

My wonderful, fun loving, supportive and super handsome husband;

My three cats that NEVER cease to entertain me;

the apple spice cookies I have baking in the oven AS WE SPEAK;

a wonderful family, both blood relations and found;

the ability to use my own two hands to create things that may or may not be perfect, but are still beautiful in their uniqueness.

Thank you Amy! Happy Halloween!

amylouwho says:

I love these posts of yours! I need to start doing them too.

I'm thankful for a husband who is back in town for ALL of November. AND that he let's me sleep in on Saturdays (today until 10!!!)

I'm also thankful darling kids who make me smile.

and
    Good doctors who make me feel safe and well taken care of.

jacquie says:

how is it when i need a pick up i come here and see a thankful post. you are always an inspiration to me. thanks!

Rhonda says:

Hi Amy! I'm thankful for my mom who is 76 years young; my 2 little princess granddaughters; my wonderful wacky girlfriends and finally I'm thankful that I was able to retire at age 51. Life is great.

an encourager says:

I love your heart's desire to be thankful (before November 1st, even!). Mine yearns to be thankful, too.

I am thankful for ….

**Jesus and the grace He gives me daily
    **Superman (my husband) & our three super kids!
    **BFFs…and other friends
    **Green spinach to pick from the garden
    **Tortilla soup
    **Golf (even though I suck at it)
    **Blogs!

Rene' says:

Hope your day gets better. My list would be like Trisha Too's. I am also thankful for you for making us stop and be thankful.

metrosupialdesigns says:

I had to pull out my thankful list today too and put life back in perspective.

Lucy says:

sorry about the dishwasher ( i assume the wet towels are from that!)
    hope your floor is ok.
    here, i'm thankful for blue skies and sunshine – even though it's hot! (its always hot here, cold sounds like bliss!)
    :-)

Amy says:

why does everything seem easier when the sun is shining?

Tipper says:

I am thankful for:

*a warm house
    *good food
    *new friends
    *old friends
    *my girls new school

JuneCleaver24 says:

I am thankful that I happened upon your website, admiring all the quilt entries.
    I have not quilted in months and now I feel so inspired by all the people who shared their heartfelt stories and pictures of quilts.
    I am going to step out of the geometric quilting box and try free-piecing (I think that's what it's called) without worrying about the results. I've been needing a creativity boost and found it on your blog.
    Thanks!

Layne says:

I am thankful that I have way more than I NEED. I have a good job, my husband has a good job, we are healthy, we have indoor plumbing, a heater and an AC. And we have more food than we need. I am also thankful for a good bed and a soft pillow. Gee, the list goes on and on….

SheilaC says:

We ALL need to stop and remember all the blessings in our lives…thank you for a great inspirational post..

I am thankful for:
    *My three wonderful children
    *My friends who are always there when I need them
    *My jobs! There are so many without
    *My furry friends
    *My health
    *The angels who keep me and my loved ones safe…

Sheila