A Notion or Two

Posted on December 14th, by Amy in a Notion or Two. 12 comments

I am officially done with my first quilting bee!

I made this block for Dana, you do know Dana right!? She sent lots of blue fabrics and ask that we make any block with a bit of each fabric in our block. Well, I got blue – she sent out the rainbow of colors.
I cut 1.5″ 2.5″ and 3.5″ squares and played with them until I liked the layout. I assembled the block in columns to simplify it too. This even went in the mail today! One more block and my SewConnected bee will be finished up too – kinda sad but I’m happy too :)

I feel like I have so much more to tell you, but it’s boring, super long Monday stuff – and I don’t want to whine, so I won’t! I hope you are having a good day or evening where ever you may be ~

Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Email me
Bookmark and Share

12 thoughts on “A Notion or Two

Amber says:

I have orange and have a similar idea in mind :-)

Jessica says:

I love that block–it looks like so much fun and turned out great!!

Jackie says:

Very cute block! I love all the fabrics that she sent to you.

DeeRoo says:

That looks great….I think I need to join a sewing bee next year!:)

Thimbleanna says:

Cute block Amy — and feel free to tell us what you're doing — we love to hear it, boring or not!!!

Leslie says:

this block is very pretty.

call me crazy says:

neat block! I love owls!
    BTW, it isn't whining, its sharing with your friends who aren't there in person. ;-)

live a colorful life says:

Fun block. and I joined my first online quilting bee. So excited! Oh, and I agree with everything "call me crazy" said above.

Luv 2 Kreate says:

The block looks great!

em's scrapbag says:

Great block. Lots of fun fabric going on there.

Anonymous says:

Great pics, Hon. My friend, Shelly is looking for a Bible cover like mine. I gave her your blogspot address; hopefully she finds you now

Megan says: