Fast Finish – Yay!

Posted on January 12th, by Amy in finished project. 19 comments

Even though I don’t really need another bag (according to my family!) I did need a finish!  A little something that could be completed and shared here, and be a low key item just for me.  I’ve had this bag cut out for quite a while and so last night, was the night!  I had pieced a couple backs earlier in the day, but set aside my current piecing project, to finish something!

This is an unlined tote bag intended to carry quilt projects in progress and the like! (In fact, I put two quilt tops/backs in to take the picture!) Having joined the local quilt guild (it’s fun!) one of the first things I noticed was that lots of ladies have large totes for toting projects for show & tell – here’s mine!  I made it with two 1/2 yards of home deco fabric, one for the bag and one for the handles.  I have a 1 yard cut waiting for a similar bag, but I may use dowels for handles.

What have you been up to!?  I’ve not been to my reader in over a month!  I just have to prioritize my life a little extra right now – not enough hours in the day!  But, really, I do want to know what you all have been up to :)

I’m still looking for more nominations – talk your blog buddy into nominating you!

Blessings,

I added my post here :

Check out all the great links!
—————————————————
Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Email me

19 thoughts on “Fast Finish – Yay!

Miss Nancy says:

Great bag, Good work!! Have a fun time with the guild.
    Have a great day.

Natalia says:

Love the bag! I should really make a large bag to carry quilts in!

Leslie says:

this bag is beautiful…it would be so fun to have something pretty like that to carry around projects.

KaHolly says:

Your bag is terrific! There are so many beautiful quilts to choose from…it'll take awhile to check all of them out. Will you be hosting another quilt festival? I wasn't able to enter this one.

live a colorful life says:

*sigh* I just love that bag fabric…

call me crazy says:

What a great bag~ love the fabric! I've been cleaning my sewing room~ sounds fun huh? Not!! :-))

ktquilts says:

I dreamt of that fabric last night!!!! Really, not joking.

Tipper says:

I've been like you-trying to find extra hours in the day : ) Love the new color in the living room-this time of the year always makes me want to redecorate. Glad you pretty girl had a good b-day too!

btw-cute bag!

Vicki says:

I've been doing a few different projects… working on a dress for my baby, and blocks for my block swaps. Thinking about 3 or 4 UFO quilts I want to work on, too. :)

amy smart says:

Darling bag. I love that fabric. A fast finish is so satisfying in the midst of busy-ness. :)

Rita @ Mochi Studios says:

beautiful bag for a brilliant purpose! and that ribbon flower print in blue is my most favorite fabric ever that I've never been able to find! I love it! we can always use new bags!

Mary says:

My secret pal from Guild brought me a VERY LARGE bag made with dowels for the 'reveal' in December. I hope to take it full of quilts tonight. They call these the bottomless bags. I quilted 3 last week, binding is ready on two and I have a top to 'show and tell' maybe if I can get time to work on it today.

Trudi says:

Great bag! I've been studying, snow dyeing and finishing a UFO! (and unfortunately I had to return to work after so many months off :( )

Amy says:

Amy I LOVE your tote bag. I need one….what are the measurement and did you use a pattern?

Jackie says:

Great bag, a definite must for the quilter on the go! Prioritizing is a must when running a family and you have a busy life.

Terriaw says:

Looks like a great bag for carrying around large projects. Love those strapping handles too. I just spent the weekend in Minneapolis visiting my brother, so I'm looking forward to a weekend of sewing, mainly bags and stuff.

123 123 says:

Great blog you got here. I'd like to read something more about that topic. Thank you for sharing that material.
    Joan Stepsen
    Cool geeks

prashant says:

Love the bag! I should really make a large bag to carry quilts in!

Work from home India

Anonymous says:

oh and your bag's cute too..Mom