Featuring Zonnah — A Blogger’s Quilt Festival Quilter!

Posted on January 22nd, by Amy in Featured Quilter. 11 comments

Zonnah has participated in both of the Quilt Festivals!  I asked Zonnah to answer a few questions for us – so we can get to know her better, and see a few more of her beautiful quilts!

Images are courtesy of Zonnah

1. When did you begin quilting?
I started in January 2009.
2. Why do you quilt?

Stress relief, I have a toddler :P
3. What is your favorite quilting tip?

Well, it is not a technical tip just some advice, always try to push yourself into trying and learning new things you won’t regret it.
4. What was your inspiration for your Quilt Festival quilt?

The backing fabric.  (Check the link above, to see a picture of the fabric)
5. Do you sew other things?

Yes. I have sewn clothes, curtains, a tent for my sons bed, toys, seat cushions, and several other things :)
6. Anything else you would like us to know about you?

I love to create because I can control it, when so much in life is uncontrollable. Also, I joined a virtual quilting bee called Snip.Sew.Send.  I love it because I can try new things without the pressure of having to make a whole quilt. Oh and a month after I started quilting, I joined up with the Dear Jane quilt along. I call it my crazy quilt because I am crazy for doing it.

Thank you so much for sharing of yourself Zonnah!  Be sure to check out Zonnah’s blog for more of her beautiful quilts.

If you would like to nominate a quilter see this post for details.

—————————————————
Next steps:

Shop with Amy
Email me

11 thoughts on “Featuring Zonnah — A Blogger’s Quilt Festival Quilter!

Miss Nancy says:

Good interview. Zonnah is one busy lady. Thank you for sharing Zonnah with us. Thank you for the lead to the Dear Jane blog.

Have a great day.

Erin says:

I LOVE getting to know the other quilters in the Quilt Festival :) I remember Zonnah's quilt, and remember being floored by the creativity. I can't wait to see what she makes for the spring :)

Natalia says:

Thanks for sharing Zonah! I love your style, your quilts are very cute! :)

SewAmy says:

all are gorgeous.

2miracles/Tove says:

Beautiful quilts! You are very talented.

amy smart says:

I also remember Zonnah's quilts from the Quilt Festival – amazing creations. Thanks for highlighting her, Amy.

Anne at Film and Thread says:

The yellow arrow quilt is one of my all time favorites!

Rita says:

Wow! You've only been quilting for a year and you've made so many awesome amazing quilts! You have natural talent, Zonnah! I'm so happy that Amy featured you!

robin says:

oh, love the red and black quilt. i made a red and black quilt and gave it away, but it's one that i wish i had two of so i could keep one. could we find out what pattern that is, please? thanks!

Vicki says:

Zonnah, your quilts are awesome! I love that you commented on every quilt in both quilt festivals :).

wishes, true and kind says:

Zonnah is fabulous!