SewConnected

Posted on February 16th, by Amy in random, SewConnected. 19 comments

SewConnected has been the such a great experience!  I love swapping blocks with other quilters, and pushing my creativity.  December was our final month, I’m just a month and a half late!  Thankfully Audrey is not in a hurry, and she loves the block :)

I’ve stepped back from swaps for now, waiting to see how life settles after writing this book.  I’m thinking I will have to find a new “normal”  after my deadline.  Speaking of which –

My work space!  The ironing board has come in handy lately, when not ironing it has become my return to spread out on!  And yes those headphones are for sound reduction – my kids distract me all the time.

Check back tomorrow for another chance to win some fabric!
—————————————————
Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Email me
add to kirtsy

19 thoughts on “SewConnected

ktquilts says:

As I go through life I find that there are "new normals" popping up all the time! I have been known to pray for "boring". Just a warning, I have prayed this prayer twice in my life, both times God gave me lots of snow!!!!! He has a sense of humor that way.
    Blessings,
    KT

Jackie says:

Ha, my ironing board sometimes looks that too. In fact right now it does!

Elizabeth says:

Love the 'R' block. Your fabrics are so perfect for it! Thanks for sharing!

amylouwho says:

same with my ironing board! I need some of those headphones!

Mary says:

Thanks for sharing your workspace! I love it when people share their "real" living spaces – not just the ones that are cleaned up for company :-)

I'll be excited to hear more about your book when the time comes!

Cheryl Arkison says:

Go Amy go! You can do it!

Cheryl Arkison says:

Go Amy go! You can do it!

Cheryl Arkison says:

Go Amy go! You can do it!

AnnieO says:

Any horizontal surface that can be called in for help is a bonus! Sure seems like you are the busiest lady in town right now!

MomBrose says:

Is that a little peak at your color wheel hanging by your workspace?? :) Praying your deadline is met and that your new normal includes some downtime for you! :)

Rene' says:

Hey Amy, haven't been by in a little while…I am so behind in my blog reading. I love your new header!!! Also appreciate the glimpse into your work space. I'm sure you are really busy with the book.

Vicki says:

nice R block! hang in there, you're almost done. with this round. :D

audreypawdrey says:

I love it Amy! I can 't wait to receive them all and start putting it together. I am so intrigued by your book; I can't wait to see what you are up to, and I will definitely be in line to pick up a copy!:)

Rita @ Mochi Studios says:

Love your R block! I love the rhino in the center of the R! R is for Rita too! But there's no Rita fabric yet :D I use my ironing board as a table too! Good luck and have fun working on your book!

Pat says:

Nice block…guess I'm too early to find the details about Jackie's giveaway…she sent us here from her blog!

Shari says:

Just love that block you've made for Audrey! The quilt will be stunning if the others are just as good!

Debbie aka Marblesbestfriend says:

First a giggle at ktquilts comment. Snow is the winter version of 'take time to smell the roses'. The R block is great – so many appropriate fabrics. Swaps are fun but can be time and thought consuming. I'm looking forward a few months to when I can take a step back. Has been good learning experience. In our house any horizontal surface (including the floor) is fair game when we're working on big projects, too. Thanks for the "real" peek. Kudos to you for all you do!

AMIT says:

Your work room is looking great.So that is your computer.

How to make a website

AMIT says:

Your work room is looking great.So that is your computer.

How to make a website