Excuse Me, Please!

Posted on March 24th, by Amy in My kids, sewing. 11 comments

I was hoping to have a finished dress to show you again today. . . I caught Ella’s cold, and have been taking it easy.  I’m hoping to be feeling much better today!  And then finish it :)

I’m itching to have a quilt or two to post here!  I love looking through flickr and seeing beautiful creations – there’s just not enough hours in the day!  You all understand that one!!

I have posted a poll in my sidebar – I did the same one a long ways back, before the inception of Blogger’s Quilt Festival, before most of you were readers.  How do you press your seams?

—————————————————
Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Become a fan of Amy’s Creative Side on Facebook
Email me

11 thoughts on “Excuse Me, Please!

Terriaw says:

Cool poll! Hope you're feeling better very soon! Sometimes rest is the best remedy.

jenashford says:

Rest, rest rest! I need it myself. I'm 33 weeks pregnant today & tired w/ a mild cold!

BTW, when you say you look on flickr for inspiration, where do you go?

upstateLisa says:

hope you are feeling better soon!

W. Latane Barton says:

Take care of that cold. Spring colds are no fun.

call me crazy says:

So sorry you caught a spring cold! I am trying to ward off one DD brought home with her. ;-/ As for your poll, it really does depend on the amt of bulk for me. Have a restful day!

live a colorful life says:

Just getting over a cold that lasted three weeks. I kept thinking of an old Mary Tyler Moore episode where she said a cold was three days coming, three days with you, and three days going. Huh. Nine days would have been too long, but 21?

Anyway, hope you feel better soon and can get back to some sewing!

Blue Is Bleu says:

Ugh I just got over yet another cold so I know how you feel! I hope you're all better really soon :)

SewCalGal says:

Amy, I hope you feel better soon.

SewCalGal

felicity says:

Hope you feel better soon, Amy! I always think we underestimate how bad a cold makes a person feel. Like somehow it's not serious enough to be knocked off our feet or need rest. Take care of yourself!

I answered "it depends" in the poll – since reading Oh, Fransson! I have been experimenting with pressing seams open wherever possible, and the blocks do seem to lay flatter. The problem I've discovered is that having seams pressed open makes me nervous to stitch in the ditch since I'm not stitching into fabric but between the seams.

Allie says:

Aww, I hope you feel better soon Amy – never understood the phrase "just" a cold, they're awful.
    I seem to be in the minority on your poll – I always press open!

creativedawn says:

Hi Amy,
    I hope you feel better really soon! As to pressing seams; Most of the time quilt seams are pressed to the side. Every once in awhile, a quilting seam requires pressing open. As a dressmaker; 9 times out of 10, most garment seams are pressed open. Having said this, I can think of exceptions…that is why IT DEPENDS! lol! Feel better soon!
    hugz