This is a little embarrassing -

Posted on April 13th, by Amy in Inspiration. 20 comments

While working frantically to finish my quilts for my book, I kinda let stuff go.  Understandable, right?  Well here’s the aftermath –

After finishing a quilt top, all the extras went in the tub, when I got a quilt back from Natalia, the excess batting and backing, went in the tub.  And then the extra binding, you guessed it, went in the tub!  Now it’s just a mess, and I’m just going to put it back in the closet and ignore it for a while longer.  That will help, right?

My little shelf of fabric hasn’t emptied out like I thought I would either – I love looking at it, and dreaming up new projects.  I have a little more fabric in dresser drawers, I guess I’m turning into a stasher :)  I don’t have space to be, but I’m not getting rid of it, unless in the form of quilts, or bags, or dresses!

I cut my last quilt for the book last night :)  Sorry, no peeking!

Hugs~
—————————————————
Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Become a fan of Amy’s Creative Side on Facebook
Email me

20 thoughts on “This is a little embarrassing -

Terriaw says:

I never thought to put stuff in the tub – that's a great idea! I guess it's probably better to have a place to keep scraps and fabric that has a door so you don't have to see the mess. Good luck with your last quilt! That must be a milestone.

Mary on Lake Pulaski says:

That stash is "required" for your art Amy!! Can't wait 'til that book comes out!

Kelly O. says:

I'm sure that fabric doesn't mind hanging out in a container for another little while :)

troy lighting says:

It happens to the best of us.

mascanlon says:

Oh my thats only the beginning, I have stash under the bed, in the closet and more than a tub or two in the garage cabinets. But I am focusing on busting this year! Looking forward to the book.

Kaye Prince says:

I think the stash and the mess are perfectly acceptable – I'd probably be a complete disaster if I were working on a book. I was writing a pattern the other day and trust me it was not pretty!

Congratulations on cutting out the last quilt – I really can't wait to see your book, it's gonna be awesome!

W. Latane Barton says:

all you girls doing books and patterns and having your own etsy shops just amaze me. Well, all I can say is you must be a lot younger and more ambitious than me. (grin)

em's scrapbag says:

With so many beautiful fabric one can't help but have a stash. Besides they are the tools of the trade.

SewCalGal says:

In comparison to my sewing room, looks very well organized. But either way, I think a bit of tradeoff of organizational time is certainly worth it to get your book finished. Personally, I can't wait for your book release so definitely please don't spend time organizing!!

SewCalGal

amylouwho says:

i'm in the same boat as you. My kitchen floor has been sorely neglected and our christmas decoration boxes are still in the living room…. so yeah. I hear you!

I guess I would have moved those boxes if we weren't moving so soon. At least I like to think I might.

What Comes Next? says:

hmmmm. I'm not writing a book, patterns or any such, but my workspace looks a lot less organized than yours! I think you are well within the creative "mess" ground rules – you are afterall, so organized with your scraps, and that stash pile is inspiring you, so all is good! Can't wait to see your book.

Jeannette says:

My cloth is currently on shelves and when I do a little project it gets quite "rearranged" and when seen recently in a such a state…my husband joked that maybe he should call the "hoarders" show. I reminded him that when artisits of various medium stash and collect that is quite different than the simple stacking of unrelated things in living space. I reminded My h. he had saved precious hardwoods for years which he recently built into a beautiful guitar. Your, Amy, use your shared space very well…no embarrassment needed.

MomBrose says:

It's nice to see that you are totally "normal." :D

Cheryl Arkison says:

Well, if you are looking for a place to unload those scraps…

Cheryl Arkison says:

Well, if you are looking for a place to unload those scraps…

Cheryl Arkison says:

Well, if you are looking for a place to unload those scraps…

Shannon says:

I can't wait for your book to come out, so I can only imagine how you must feel! You can organize later!!!

Allie says:

Why Amy, that's not bad at all! Picture a whole room looking like that and you'll have some idea of what MY room looks like right now.

Mindy says:

If you're going to have a stash (which we all do) then at least you have a very beautiful stash! :)

Dresden Quilter says:

No, it is not embarrassing. It just shows the mind of a wonderful creative quilter! At least that's what I say to myself when my room is a mess.