Almost Here & a Recipe for You

Posted on April 14th, by Amy in In the Kitchen. 13 comments

Hi there!  Today is the day – my girls are so excited to see Grandma & Grandpa.  I’ve done just about all the scrubbing and vacuuming that is going to happen!  We woke up to snow falling yesterday, and so I put the girls to work.  Ella and Emmalie are easily motivated with a quarter, and each happily earned a dollar for the extra chores.

Thankfully it stopped snowing and they went out to play for the afternoon.  I’ve gotten stir crazy with them inside ALL the time!  I think spring is worse than winter around here – snow is easy to play in, but not mud.  uck!

While the girls played outside and Owen napped, I scrubbed the kitchen and made banana bread.  Our snack supply has been low, and the bananas were turning, perfect solution!

I thought I would repost the recipe, it’s yummy, quick and easy.
Banana Nut Bread
2 1/2 C flour
1 C sugar
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 TB vegetable oil
3/4 C milk
1 C mashed bananas (2-3 medium)
1 egg
1 C finely chopped nuts

Heat your oven to 350 and grease 1 large or 2 small loaf pans.
Measure all ingredients into large mixer bowl; beat on medium until just combined.
Pour into pans and bake 55-65 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

Let me know if you try it.  You won’t be disappointed :)
—–
I want to thank We All Sew for featuring my 1/4″ seams tutorial this week.  I hope more quilters are inspired to keep stitching :)

Many blessings ~
—————————————————
Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Become a fan of Amy’s Creative Side on Facebook
Email me

13 thoughts on “Almost Here & a Recipe for You

Terriaw says:

How nice to have all those helpers with the cleaning! When we lived in CO, I remember spring in the mountains was known as mud season. Can't even hike! I haven't had banana bread in ages, so yours looks delish!

Leslie says:

enjoy the visit and thanks for the recipe…i should make something like this that the kids can have for snack. i never have much around.

Suzanne says:

Have a wonderful visit! We're getting ready for a trip to see the grandparents…so no major house cleaning for me :)

call me crazy says:

Have a wonderful time with G&G! Your bread looks yummy! I love the smell of baking banana bread! :-)

John'aLee says:

The bread looks yummy! Nothing like heading to the kitchen on a bleak day outside!

Lighting says:

I am definetly going to have to try this recipe out.

MomBrose says:

I am going to try your recipe next time. i tried a new one and my bread came out very very dry :(

Debbie aka Marblesbestfriend says:

We just tried a new recipe for banana bread yesterday. It's good but a bit dense. I've scribbled down your recipe for our next go round. Will have to add a few chocolate chips though. Got to keep the earth spinning!

WoolenSails says:

There is nothing like the smell and taste of banana bread. I can't eat nuts, but I found a recipe that uses a small can of pineapple and it is delicious.

Debbie

Wonky Girl says:

Your bread looks delish and recipe sounds yummy. I have nanners turning on my kitchen counter. Yea, will try your recipe tomorrow. Thanks for posting it :)

mom says:

How funny to see that you baked banana bread yesterday as I did, too! It's amazing how quickly it disappears around here!

Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

Wonky Girl says:

Yup, great recipe. I doubled to make a bundt pan, loaf and small round. Husband, poodles and myself polished off the small round while still warm. A little slather of butter- yum! A keeper.
    Thanks!

Vicki says:

It looks so good! I can't keep bananas long enough for banana bread here! Maybe I'll buy extra, and hide them. :P