Help!

Posted on April 21st, by Amy in random. 16 comments

Joe found this sweet kitten in our garage!  We put up signs, hoping that a neighbor lost her, and will claim her soon. But Joe and the kids are quickly falling for her -

Kitty

I’m super allergic, and can’t handle cats on the counter.  She’s already box trained, super lovey, and obviously loves kids.  She’s got the loudest purr too!  Anyone within an hour of Heber Valley want a kitty!?  I’ll meet you half way…

I really want to see her go to a good home :)
—————————————————
Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Become a fan of Amy’s Creative Side on Facebook
Email me

16 thoughts on “Help!

Cheri C. says:

STOP!! I have enough resistance now in my own neighborhood… Grow a little catnip and you get all the cats in the neighborhood. I feed them all (boy do I wish people in Utah would NOT let their animals roam free… all strays make it to my house).

I wish I could take the kitty, but I took in a stray for a year and a half and just lost her to breast cancer. I have 2 cats that never "bonded" with her.

I'll say a few prayers for you to get a good home for her OR that you will buy stock in Zyrtec :)
    Good Luck.

laura evans/photography says:

i would so love to take her if …
    a. i didn't live in germany
    b. didn't think my other cats would kill me
    c. didn't think my husband would divorce me

so so cute. My MIL is super allergic but loves animals so she has outdoor cats … maybe that's the solution??

SewCalGal says:

Very cute. I'd love to have a cat (again), but I don't think living in So. Cal. makes me a viable adoptee parent for this cute guy. I hope you find someone close by that will take him in.

SewCalGal

Lizzie says:

Oh would so love her… but Southern Cal is not half an hour away.. sorry.
    But I had a friend who was super allergic to cats but settled down with her own cat, and didn't react to it and it became part of the family for about the next 14 years!
    Don't despair

Jennie says:

You can get used to her :) I'm allergic to cats too but with my own cat I'm fine.

And if you don't want a cat on the counters/furniture spray it in the face with water (literally right between the eyes) when it's in a place you don't want it to be. It only takes a couple times for them to associate that place with getting sprayed with water and they won't go there anymore :)

~ Jennie

teresamnj says:

What a cute kitty! I'm also super allergic to cats, but I find I'm okay if our Kitty (by the way, that's our cat's name) sits on my lap, it's when I start petting him and stirring up his dander, then touch near my eyes, that I then have a problem.

Good luck, Teresa

allsewnup says:

My son would love to take this little fellow off your hands but alas, we're in Canada. Good luck in finding a home.

Carolyn

Karin says:

I have a feeling kitty has already found it's new home ;) Good luck! I'm not a kitty person, and neither is my hubby or kids thankfully! Doggies don't get on counters or require litter boxes!

Karin

Amy - Park City Girl says:

I wish I could get use to her – I developed the allergy last time we had cats, and just being in the same room, or room where it has been – flairs me up… :/

Trudi says:

oh my, sweet as the little kitty is, you need to find her a new home! Good luck, (I'm way too far away) someone please give the kitty a new home!

MomBrose says:

I'm like you…I can walk into a room that a cat has been in and start sneezing, my eyes start watering and my nose starts running. It's bad. Really bad. Hope you find a home soon :)

Allie says:

Oh how darling!!!! I wish I lived closer! I hope you find her a good home!

Amanda M. says:

Oh my gosh is she cute! I am in northern Cali, however, nowhere near you.
    Maybe you could look on Petfinder.com and find some no-kill shelters in your area to call and see if they could take her in? They would probably be more receptive to taking her if you were to offer a small donation. :)
    Good luck! I hope you find a good home for her.

Cat says:

Cute but no no no!

Within a half hour yes, but my 3 Jack Russels already terrorize my cat. Not a good mix!

Best of luck in finding a home for ms. Kitty.

Andrea says:

Nope, a cat is for at least 10-15 years, don't keep her! Your allergies will forever remind you of this decision. There are plenty of rescue places that will find a home for her. The worst thing you could do is say yes and then get attached and a few months/years later need to give her away.
    ps. i have a cat and a dog, and no allergies. (but the fur drives me insane)

Jan says:

I'm one of those super allergic to cats, people too. It's such a bummer.