Roman Shades & a Winner!

Posted on April 27th, by Amy in give away, sewing. 17 comments

This roman shade project has been on my list since we painted the living room in January!  I purchased fabric in February, and finally collected all the bits and pieces needed to make it.  I had to let my ideas fully form, before I was ready to cut (some may call this procrastination!), but I decided I’m ready.   Last night I got all my pieces cut, and today I hope to get the sewing done.

When we get them mounted, I will show you our living room :)
—–
The Blush Layer Cake goes to — #284

Congratulations Julie!!  I would love to see what you make with this.

Thank you to everyone that left sweet comments  –  I loved reading through them all!  You guys make my day with everyone :)

Blessings ~
—————————————————
Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Become a fan of Amy’s Creative Side on Facebook
Email me

17 thoughts on “Roman Shades & a Winner!

RWL says:

I've been to scared to make Roman shades for our apartment. Hopefully after seeing yours, I won't be so freaked out! :)

Mary on Lake Pulaski says:

Congratulations Julie!
    Can't wait to see the Roman Shade Amy!

Natalia says:

Amy, that material will look so good with your paint! Can't wait to see them finished.

call me crazy says:

Congratulations Julie! Oh I can't wait to read about your shade making~ I caved and purchased one because I was a little intimidated by the sewing directions. ;-)

CourtneAl says:

We are on the same wavelength. I have some naked windows that I am dreaming about covering!

Melody says:

Congratulations Julie! I look forward to seeing your roman shades Amy!

Anina says:

Very pretty! I've made Roman shades before and it was SO worth it. And really simple actually.
    I can't wait to see what they look like.

momto2wasd says:

Roman shades are great and are quite simple to make. I'm sure yours will turn out wonderfully.

Debbie aka Marblesbestfriend says:

Can't wait to see your shades – such pretty fabric. I bought a "dummies" pattern but our two windows are still bare.

SewCalGal says:

Congratulations to Julie!
    Can't wait to see your roman shades.

SewCalGal

slow panic says:

i'm in the middle of remodeling my office/sewing room. which has 13 french windows (covering three walls) really want to do roman shades but feel a little intimidated. can't wait to hear how yours go

Kim D. says:

Congrats to Julie!! Oh, I can't wait to see your roman shades. I've been wanting to make some fabric covered wood valances and the fabric is sitting there waiting until I get my ideas together too.

MomBrose says:

ooh, that's Amy Butler isn't it?? :) Can't wait to see it all done!

Dena says:

Congratulations Julie!

Can't wait to see your Roman shades hung up in your living room.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson says:

Oh Amy I'm excited to see your shades. I have no curtains in my kitchen, living room or family room. You'll have to tell me about the process …. maybe someday I'll have something on my windows. I do love the sunlight coming right in though.

Smiles,
    Kelly

Allie says:

I don't call that procrastinating – I call it letting the project marinate. I can't wait to see your shades – I remember wanting to do some, bought everything I needed, but I let it marinate too long and it got spoiled. *G*

sandra says:

I have always wanted to make Roman Shades so show me how easy it is.