Little Things

Posted on April 28th, by Amy in Inspiration, Me. 19 comments

It’s the little things that make me happy most days.  Like the five minutes that all four kids get along each day, or a empty kitchen sink (it’s not right now).

Or the little tulips gathered from the yard.

And inspiration for, yet another quilt.

I just love the colors in this couples photographs!  They have a gallery in Park City.

All these little things, (and a few more) bring smiles to my face, and my heart over the course of the day.  What’s making you smile today?

————————————————–
Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Become a fan of Amy’s Creative Side on Facebook
Email me

19 thoughts on “Little Things

Lynne says:

Five minutes when all four kids get along? Each day? I have four kids but those five minutes are few and far between!

Crystal Stanworth says:

LOVE those colors! I just made one in those and it was such a happy quilt. love your blog too!

Rose Hughes says:

I love color – this past w-end I went to visit the poppies here in So.CA = an annual trek, and this year it was glorious. Now I get to revisit the wonder of the color, and memory of the gently breeze and warm sun of that day, and pictures, too. I posted them out to http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=11958598&id=396022645477

bethanndodd says:

Every morning my 3 boys crawl in bed with me before they have to get dressed for school…it's my favorite part of the day (until they start wrestling!).

the Little Things (by beth) is the name of my new Etsy shop :o). Nothing in it yet but I have good intentions to do something with it…those 3 boys keep me busy!!!

Just JaiCi's Crafts says:

My favorite part of the day is when my newborn wakes up and my oldest son (3 1/2) runs to him and doesn't leave his side for a good 5 minutes. They are already bestest friends, and love every minute together…until they're sister tries to butt in!!
    Love the colors from that photo, can't wait to see what you come up with

Natalia says:

That photo of those tulips is beautiful! I am happy when it's not so windy outside that I'm not worried that the house is going to blow away!

Mary on Lake Pulaski says:

Praise technology! I just watched a video (with sound) of my first granddaughter's first bath that took place last night!

call me crazy says:

Sunshine streaming in the window! I love it. Kids getting along is good~ I used to love watching when they helped each other (when they thought no one was watching ;-))

live a colorful life says:

I've done a post on Scanlon photography too. Their pictures are amazing. We actually own two of them and I never EVER get tired of looking at them. Beautifully inspiring.

em's scrapbag says:

Very happy colors. I totally agree with you. Life is good because of lots of little things.

Heather says:

I'm happiest when I can sit back and enjoy my kids giggles. I am amazed every day that a 4 year old boy can be so happy playing with a 10 month old.

Meg says:

Today, it really is the little things. A cup of green tea with ginger. My husband being silly to get me out of my morning grumpus. The knowledge that I have a weekend of creativity waiting for me to finish my work week.

Also, thanks for sharing that photo, Amy–the colors are really vibrant, and I can't wait to see what kind of ideas grow out of it!

upstateLisa says:

time to sew in peace makes me smile! Love those tulips!

Miss Sews-it-all says:

Love those colors, that is great inspiration! Speaking of inspiration, have you found http://www.WeAllSew.com yet? Great links to all kinds of sewers, quilters, and crafters – to see what other creative people are making!

sandra says:

What makes me smile is when my 3 year old grandson phones and sends me a big kiss and hug and says "I love you Grammie"

Victoria @ BUMBLE BEANS says:

helping a bunch of kids and grown up sot make blocks for my house project… joy joy joy.

receiving house blocks from you! ;-)
    joy!

Anonymous says:

my grandchildren make me smile; whether sitting on my lap; watching them play, hearing them laugh or talk; and that special hug and kiss just before bed; or saying "I love you too, Grandma!" God is so good to me…Mom

Carol says:

The littles that make me happy is watching my dog sleep when she puts her head on my lap:) Going out with my sisters once a month to the city and just walking around and window shopping.

Allie says:

Amen to all those things that make you smile – me too! LOVE your tulips and LOVE that photo!