Blogger’s Quilt Festival – Are you ready!?

Posted on May 18th, by Amy in Bloggers Quilt Festival. 19 comments

I’m getting closer :)  I wanted to share a couple of thoughts before Friday gets here.

1. The quilt you choose to share, doesn’t not have to be brand spanking new!  Nor does it have to be perfect – there’s no judging here.

2.  Put aside all your negative self-talk and enter!  Everyone is welcome, regardless how long you have been quilting or blogging.  If you are new it’s the perfect time to get to know a few friends!  Just do it – don’t be intimidated :)

3.  A new post dated the week of the festival is required – schedule a post for the 21st or later but don’t plan to post a link to an old one.

4.  Get ready to spend the weekend online!

5.  To enhance your “blogger” profile check out this post to make sure your email is attached to the blogger comments that you leave.

6.  I know I’ve said it before, but did you put a button up!?  The code is in my sidebar or on the BQF page.

7.  I registered #bqf on twitter a couple weeks ago, if you plan to tweet about the event please use #bqf so everyone can find the tweets easily.  I plan to share links to great entries :)

Any Questions?  Check the BQF page or leave a comment on this post ~ I’m excited!

PS – Amy @ Patchwork Folio made the graphics for me – aren’t they great!?
Thanks again, Amy!
—————————————————
Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Become a fan of Amy’s Creative Side on Facebook
Email me

19 thoughts on “Blogger’s Quilt Festival – Are you ready!?

SaraRules says:

I can't wait! I just got a quilt back from the quilter that I've been wanting to show off… if I don't get it bound by this weekend, it might just have to be posted with the batting showing. ;) Oh well!

I always love looking at all the wonderful quilts! It's great inspiration!

Sarah says:

Sounds fun!
    P.S. In #5 where it says, "This post" I think you have an incorrect link :)

Leslie says:

thanks for the heads up…i just went ahead and put the logo on my sidebar!!!

Erin says:

I'm really excited for this! I had such a blast looking at all the quilts last fall. I need to get outside when it stops raining to take a picture of my latest creation :)

Tiffany says:

I'm brand new to this, and to quilting, so I have a question. Does the quilt need to be completely finished? I have the quilt top, but not the quilting and binding done yet.

Just JaiCi's Crafts says:

I am getting so excited!! I am actually frantically trying to finish my quilt so that it'll be ready to show off for the BQF :)

sewpam63 says:

Wahoo! Thanks, Amy. You ROCK!

Allie says:

Got my button up and I am SO READY!!! Let the fun begin!

Deb says:

I've never done this before, but I'm going to this time.

Sarah Craig says:

What a great idea! I can't wait for Friday!!

A Garden of Threads says:

I have the same question as Tiffany, does the top need to be quilted with the binding on?

mom says:

YAY! LOVE to browse the entries! :-)

Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

kwiltmakr says:

I am rady as well. Can't wait to see all the wonderful quilts.

Lis says:

Yep, I'm ready! Love your quilt festivals Amy :) Lis

Terriaw says:

I am ready too! Can't wait to post about my latest favorite quilt. But I realized that I haven't made too many quilts lately, so now I'm motivated to make a couple more for the Fall festival! Thanks for the great list to get us ready.

Amy, a redeemed sheep says:

I'm nervous, but I'm going to join in. :o)

Shannon w/ Monkey Dog Quitls says:

Looking forward to it. My very FIRST Blogger Quilt Festival. I was a lurker last year, but have a new blog this year. I already know which quilt I want to feature, I have the bqf logo on my blog and I also, FB'd my friends too. YEAH!

Regena@QuiltnQuiltthings says:

I just put a button on my blog. thanks
    Hope you have a great day.
    Regena

harleywife says:

I'm excited to see all the quilts ! The only quilt I have is a Harley T-shirt quilt I had made ; I haven't made my 'first' one yet ! I do not have a blog , so I can't add your button ; however I 'follow you ' .