Featuring Jackie — A Blogger’s Quilt Festival Quilter!

Posted on July 2nd, by Amy in Featured Quilter. 13 comments

Today’s featured quilter is Jackie!  Many of you probably know her from her sweet comments and helpful insights – I hope you enjoy getting to know her more and seeing her beautiful quilts here!
—–
Hello Everyone, my name is Jackie and I am so glad to meetyou!
1. When did you begin quilting?
Technically, I first started quilting in my 6th grade HomeEconomics class when I made a patchwork pillow.  I actually still haveit too!!  But I am not going to tell you how many years ago that was.So, I guess I became serious about quilting about 17 years ago. That isthe short answer. There is a much longer one, but I won’t bore you.
2.Why do you quilt?
That is an easy one, because I absolutely love it. Ilove every aspect from picking fabrics, to designing, piecing,quilting, binding, all of it. It is also a big stress reliever for metoo. Whenever I just need to “get away” this is my favorite outlet.
3.  What is your favorite quilting tip?
My favorite quilting tip is to never stop learning. Try new techniqueseven if you think it may be too difficult.  I take classes whenever Ican.  Sometimes it may be just a quilt that I have wanted to do for along time and I already know the technique. But all teachers teachdifferently and offer up their own tips. I think this is one of thebest things that you can walk away with, just one new thing you didn’tknow before.
4.  What was your inspiration for your Quilt Festival quilt?
My inspiration for QuiltFestival was my favorite quilt that I made in 2009. It is a paperpieced pattern, which I love to do and it a special gift for mymother’s birthday later this year. The fabric colors were inspired bymy Mom’s favorite candy Chocolate Raspberry Truffles. That is what Idecided to name the quilt.
5.  Do you sew other things?
On occasion, Isew totes/bags. I also make pillowcases for charity.  And of course, Iquilt my customers quilts on my long arm.
6.  Anything else you would like us to know about you?
Because quilting is such a passion of mine, I turned it into abusiness in 2000 and it is called Canton Village Quilt Works. I havebeen a Professional Long Arm quilter since then and own a GammillStatler Stitcher.  The majority of my customers are local, but I havequite a few that mail to me from all over the country.  One of mydreams, since I began quilting, was to open a quilt shop someday. Well,timing has never been right and with the internet really taking off, ithas enabled me to recently open my own online quilt shop!! I openedit’s virtual doors in November of 2009 and am seeing a steady growth.Choosing fabrics for the shop is always inspiring. Come check the shopout here:  http://www.cvquiltworks.com/shop.  The shop recently underwent a facelift and I really love it, much more user friendly.
Iwould love to hear from you!! Come visit me at my blog (which isconstantly being updated with lots of creative quilty things) or mywebsite. Send me an e-mail, I would love it if you would say Hi!! Thank you so much Amy for this wonderful opportunity to meet yourreaders.
—–

Thanks so much for sharing Jackie!  I love your quilts, and use of color in them – always striking and beautiful!

Have a great weekend everyone,
—————————————————
Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Become a fan of Amy’s Creative Side on Facebook
Email me

13 thoughts on “Featuring Jackie — A Blogger’s Quilt Festival Quilter!

Nancy says:

Thanks for the interview. I love to shop at Jackie's store.. she has wonderful service and quick shipping..

randi says:

jackie has such amazing talent for quiltmaking. i only dream of being able to make lovelies like she does!

Victoria @ BUMBLE BEANS says:

YEH! for Jackie!!! Not only does she quilt, long arm, own a business, but she has a HUGE heart! She is quilting quite a load of the BASICS quilts for my Charity project! Your real doll Jackie! And doing fabulous work!

Helen says:

Lovely work Jackie, thanks for sharing! I always love reading her comments on my blog. ;)

Terriaw says:

What a fabulous interview! I think this one is my favorite feature. Love getting to know Jackie. I adore that last quilt pictured here!

ANudge says:

Everyone of the quilts you shared, Jackie, are blue ribbon stars. You have a wonderful eye for color. I look forward to seeing more of your work on your blog.

Thanks, Amy, for bringing Jackie to our attention. There is nothing I like more than show and share except piecing that is.

call me crazy says:

I love Jackie's quilts and follow her blog. Her sense of color is amazing! Thanks for the great interview!

Michelle says:

What a gorgeous bunch of quilts! Thanks for featuring Jackie.

Allie says:

I love her quilts and I love her blog! Great interview!

Ivory Spring says:

Great post, Amy – thanks for the interview! I enjoyed it.

2miracles/Tove says:

WOW! cool Quilts!

Rafael's Mum says:

Hi Jackie! Nice to see you here! As you know I just LOVE the quilts you make and what a treat to see so many here and read a bit about you. Looking forward to getting my order from you. Those new Brandon Mably fabrics are just gorgeous!!! (go check em out people.. Jackies's shop)

Staci says:

just stopping by to say that I gave you an award over on my blog. Check it out:

Have a fabulous 4th!