Balanced Connections Quilt & Pattern

Posted on July 22nd, by Amy in finished quilt, pattern. 30 comments

Hi friends ~  I’ve had a full few days, getting this pattern ready, de-stashing, and upgrading my blog!  What do you think?   I’m really excited to learn more about this blog and all that it can do.  I am also excited to show you my Balanced Connections quilt, I really love this design!

It’s a little hard to see in this picture, but the binding on the right, that’s my favorite part.  I pieced one strip of each of the colors into the binding – the little bits of color are just what it needed!  The throw finishes at 60″x72″ – officially my favorite size quilt.

Ella was “helping” me, and was popping her foot in when possible…I just love how the quilting shows up in this photo, and had to share.

Here’s more of the binding.  The cross weaves are so soft and supple, yet unlike the linen – stay put!  I love the finished look, but will be looking into Essex linen for my next linen project, it’s very shifty.

This quilt, is so comfortable, and drapes beautifully, even before washing it.  Of course I had to wash it to bring out all the texture!

**With this pattern I have included fabric requirements and layout options for baby to king size quilts!  There is one simple block, turned to balance out the long lines, and it can be sewn up in a wide variety of fabrics.  The color squares could be your charm packs, or you can choose your favorite solids from one color family, for a monotone quilt top.  The options are many!  Let me know if you need help selecting solids, I have both a kona and bella color card.

Right now I have the pattern available in the shop (see top right “shop“) for instant download, or just use the links.

The winners that helped name the pattern -

Jennifer - the first to use the word” balance”, and

Natalie - the only one to use the word “connections”

Email me ladies and I will send you your copy!  I have a whole new appreciation for you guys – didn’t realize how many science geeks we had in blogland!  Litmus test was the #1 suggested name – but it just isn’t me, I hope you understand!   Thanks for all the help everyone!

I’m off to figure out WordPress, and hopefully make some headway on my goal for this week.  Hope you are on your way to meeting your goal!

30 thoughts on “Balanced Connections Quilt & Pattern

Amy says:

Beautiful my friend!

Kandra says:

It turned out beautifully! Google reader also got me here just fine :)

So pretty! I love the binding too!

oh and I LOVE the new site!

Amy – the quilt is superb – great job! What an awesome day you’re having!

Lindsay says:

Oh I love it, and the name!! Congrats to the winners!!!

the colored binding is perfect and ties the whole things together that is great!!

I love my wordpress blog! isnt it exciting to have all these new things you can do with your blog!!

Great new look! I dig it!

Carol says:

Oh my gosh, I love how your blog looks now. I think your quilt turned out great.

Pam says:

Lovely linen quilt! love the pattern and a very well chosen name!

Jackie says:

Amy, your quilt is beautiful and the new blog look is fabulous too. I love the name you chose for your quilt, it really is perfect. So I am assuming you went with wordpress?

Beth says:

Oh, Amy, I love the new site! I also really like the name of the new quilt. Hope you got some work done today!

Amy says:

Amy, I love this quilt. I love the geometry and the colors and the quilting. I just love it. And I especially love how it looks here on your brand new beautiful blog!
    xo

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Tam Sesto, Amy . Amy said: Balanced Connections Quilt & Pattern http://goo.gl/fb/ixP0j [...]

Emily says:

Beautiful quilt Amy. Love Ella’s foot sticking up there. Congrats on another great pattern.

Jay says:

It’s beautiful, and the foot in the photos adds a certain je ne sais quoi.

Natalia says:

It looks great! What is the finished size? It looks pretty big!

Mickey White says:

This turned out fabulous ! good name ! congratulations ladies on winning ! It’s just a HAPPY looking quilt for happy times !

Mary Ann says:

I love this quilt, the solid colors are fabulous and I love the use of the grey in the background and the blocks, wonder design decision Amy.

OTquilter says:

Love the quilt! And the new look for your blog is really terrific.
    But, I am having a problem getting to the Spring 2010 Blogger’s Quilt Festival. I had a link to it on my toolbar, and now the link is broken. Help! I love looking at all the entries and the blogs!

Amy says:

seems fine to me…

June says:

What kind of batting did you use in this quilt? It seem to drape very nicely. Thanks!

Rebekah says:

love love love this! What a gorgeous, striking pattern!

Kaye says:

Love the design of this quilt! It’s so modern and fresh.

[...] working on another quilt, I will share it when I can, but for now here’s a picture of my most recent finish, since every post needs a [...]

Karen Sternberg says:

Balanced Connections is terrific: love its design, color, proportion balance, & especially the colored-pieced binding, superb!

Am first timer here, terrific Website, excellent on all counts (content & layout).

Tho’ I’ve been inactive on mine for over a year, I DO hope to get back to my quilt blog in the near future.

Keep up the GREAT work!!!!

liannallama says:

oh, I adore this–FANTASTIC!

Chris says:

I just love this quilt, and your blog redesign! Can you share how you did the neat little slide-outs for your twitter/blogroll etc?

pretty please?

tusen says:

I love the pattern and the quilt looks awesome.

[...] usually have a nice stash of Robert Kaufman’s Kona Cotton solids so when I spotted this design, I knew I could do them quickly, even with all the other things I had going [...]

[...] usually have a nice stash of Robert Kaufman’s Kona Cotton solids so when I spotted “Balanced Connections” from Amy’s Creative Side I knew I could do them quickly, even with all the other things I [...]

Walter says:

Pattern looks great, cheerful, and a fun project.

p.s. NOT ALL OF US ARE LADIES DOING THE PROJECT,