Quilt Retreat Anyone?

Posted on August 12th, by Amy in 52 weeks, Quilt Retreat. 14 comments

Hi friends!  I was excited to get an invitation in my email a couple weeks ago to teach at a new Quilt Retreat here in Utah!  Who me!?

Well, I do love quilty friends, and encouraging the love of quilting, so, YES me!  After a chat with Syndey on the phone,  and a slew of emails I have dates for next year.  Early enough that you can even put it on your Christmas list – I see your wheels turning…We will be working on my Balanced Connections Quilt for the weekend, and opening your horizons to the beautiful possibilities of solid fabrics.  I’m so excited about some hands on experience with teaching and hopefully meeting some of you!

What do you think?  Is there a quilt retreat in your future?

The dates are January 27-29 and March 10-12, 2011.

14 thoughts on “Quilt Retreat Anyone?

Betty says:

I have never been on a quilt retreat but sounds wonderful. Being I am such a worry wart would it be rescheduled in case of a bad snow storm. I realize Utah is great about snow removal and such but…..can you guess I am not a native, lol.

Natalia says:

Sounds like lots of fun!!!!

Pam says:

Congrats Amy!
    You are a good teacher and as much as I would enjoy meeting you, I’m all the way over here on the east coast, so I’m not going to make this one. Hey, question? Are you a longarmer? Is that the reason you started pressing the seams open. I’m thinking that pressing the seams to the side may impede the progress of the needle when quilting the designs on the longarmer. Just me thinking…hmmmmmm. lol

hugz

Quilt retreats are the best! I usually attend three per year, each very different from the other. The first is sponsored by our LQS and has about 75-80 quilters in a small mountain community. The second is four friends quilting together in a private cabin just outside Yosemite National Park. The third is a larger group of friends quilting together in a larger lodge in the mountains. Each one is special and there is nothing better than bonding with fellow quilters/friends. I wish I could attend your retreat. They will be lucky to have you as a teacher.

shout4joy says:

our guild has a retreat in October and I am really looking forward to it!

My family also has quilting retreats and they are wonderful, but small :)

Cathy A says:

It sounds like a wonderful opportunity! Too bad it’s too far away for driving!

Lindsay says:

I have hosted, and been on Scrapbooking/cardmaking retreats when i was a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, but never on a quilting retreat, it sounds like alot of fun! and alot of quilting and chatting would get done!! How exciting it is for you to be teaching at one! Congrats! I want to have some of my friends out to some cabins nearby soon, for a Quilting/Knitting/Spinning retreat, but I don’t think we will have workshops unless they are self hosted.

SewCalGal says:

Congratulations. I think you’ll be a great teacher at this retreat. I can’t sign up in 2011, as I already have plans. But hopefully you’ll do this again and I can come another time. And I’m sure all those lucky enough to attend your retreat will have fun!

SewCalGal

Allie says:

Oh girl – I WISH – I’d love to join you for a retreat! You’re going to be great at this!

Emily says:

Oh I wish! :) Congrats on being asked to teach! :)

that is wonderful that they asked you to teach. I think retreats are so fun.

Beth says:

That sounds like so much fun! Wishing I could join you but the chances are slim. I will keep it on my mind though ;o).

It is so fun to find these new quilters and their blogs. The quilts are beautiful. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us!

[…] by WP Greet Box WordPress PluginRemember the teaching opportunity I mentioned way back here?  A few of the logistics have changed, however if you would like to sew with me there is a fun […]